hey all.... getting back into ServUO once again been on and off for a bit but finally have the time to sit back and work on things after my move and long time to get my personal server setup and running... Anyways the 2 questions i was wonder are:

1.) Whats the best Client Version of Ultima Online that can/will suppost HS/ToL that you can still use the .mul files (the old school ones) without having to use a prog to convert them back and forth (If there is one)

2.) Was wondering if anyone has considered to setup a live Discord server for all of us server ower's/coders to be able to give some live help/feedback instead of clocking up the forms all the time with basic questions... If not what do you all think would if be good or bad do you think??

Yes i know discord is know for wow and other MMO's but UO is the ORIGINAL mmo so thats why i was thinking we should maybe put one up for ServUO to help out and able to interact with each-other as admins and coders...

Just wondering and my thoughts please respond so i can see how many people actually think it would be a good idea or bad one..

Thanx all
The Psyhoman (LOL)

1) I think the uop format came with SA or in the middle of SA, so i don't think you can get ToL with the old mul files, as for HS i have no idea.

2) We do not have the same timezones and most of the people here work 40 hours a week, so setting up a discord server wouldn't be the best option in my opinion, a forum is open to anybody and keeps track of the questions asked too, so that's a plus for that side.

I agree on the diff time zones and stuff but i am on all diff hours of the day and night (I live in canada EST time zone) and i see ppl on all the time all different times of the day and night so thats why i had mentioned the discord but i do agree may not be the best but could benifit new and old ppl and get more social interaction with all the owners and coders Just a though is all :)

If you click on the CHAT at the top you will get an ServUO discord invite. But to be fair people post a lot of random things lately and thats the reason I muted it.

uop is found for the first time in client 6.0.14.4 there is a file called AnimationFrame1.uop (287 MB). It is probably a preupdate for the next client, version 7.0.0.0 with also got AnimationSequence.uop, MainMisc.uop, string_dictionary.uop and tileart.uop added.

Okay thank you all was just wondering cause i want to do some modifications to visuals and stuff in my towns but didn't want to have to go threw the trouble of having to Convert the .uop files to .mul and then back to .uop, but from everything i am seeing i am going to have to as i have the complete latest version of the client and have also been looking into adding in support for the Enhanced client as it is very simple to use for newer people.... but as they say "It is What it is" so i am going to have to just work with what they have... only thing i am looking into right now is if there may be a way to add new statics like stairs and stuff in towns without needing to convert the files back and forth from what i can see there should be a way... but the question is will it take affect on the server side and people still see it or will i need to make an actual patch for everyone that logs on.... trying to find a simple way as i am just starting the server over from scratch once again and been many years since i done any code so struggling a little on some things..... but am really glade i got the time to do it again. and well with just starting the server over from scratch i am still only setting it as an Alpha version this way i can keep track of whats going on... if anyone has any idea's on how i can only modify the server's side of the files and the visuals show to the players that would be great.... Example is i want to take a add in some new things to the Brit bank like a louge area on the top with stairs ect...

You can attempt to play around ingame using statics ([add static 1928, etc.), that way they won't need to get the files.
But if you want to change the terrain or destroy walls, then you will have to use a mapping program such as CentrED or CentrED+ (both are different programs from what i remember).
Then you would have to provide them the map files that you modified so they can connect, i think it's three files: staidx#, map#, and statics# from what i can remember, it's been a while.

For the enhanced client, i think it is still in the work, not sure how far that went but i'm not following that subject, so someone else could light the path concerning that.

Ya i just noticed that a few min ago about doing by statics as i finally got Pandora's Box working.... Other then trying to find the scripts for Pandora for the server side of things it works good to be able to add things and then i remembered that after doing it freeze it to the server and all i will need to do is when i build my client patch just make sure the multi's files are added so ppl can so whats been changed..

Like i said before been some time since i have done any kind of coding so the little things are starting to finally come back :)

I think that important pre-uopfiles are near 7.0.21 (check this with EasyUO and macro that read the titles for example mining/lumber).

there's the limit if you are going to edit map files for example.

Back