1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misc "2d smooth fps patch" 2015-12-10

Makes the classic 2d client look 'smooth'

1. Hank

Hank Active Member

"2d smooth fps patch" - Makes the classic 2d client look 'smooth'

Video Demonstration:

Two things I'd like to mention about the video any screen tearing is because of windows 7 & the black artifacts are because of the old code the client uses to draw onto the screen. These are not side effects of this program.

Read more about this resource...

#1 Hank, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Shini

Shini New Member

Very impressive , thanks for sharing this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gargouille

Gargouille Member

Thx ;)

Works fine for me, but a friend have an error message : "failed to execute client patch"

Admin mode, RW access... We don't understand why... Could you tell us which files are patched ?

Thx again for sharing it.

4. Hank

Hank Active Member

Just so everyone is clear this program is a 'hack' it's modifying the client in memory.
    I still strongly advise in using this program with caution until I or someone else can determine the exact actions this program is taking.

Graphical artifacts are a drawback of the era/style of code that the 2d uo client uses.
    I'm glad to hear you were successfully able to use it on a new 2d client.

I'm still trying to work backworks through the program to figure out entirely what it does.. That error is there to prevent the program from crashing or having an unexpected windows error. I can say that the client is being modified in memory but it also looks to the AnimInfo.mul for something.
    Edit: I get the error message : "failed to execute client patch" when I don't run it as admin if i'm launching the client with razor. If I just launch the client without razor I don't get that error message.
    Can you confirm this with your friend?

#4 Hank, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gargouille

Gargouille Member

I never get that message, using UOS or not, but my friend still have it even if he lanches everything (client2d, UOS, FPS) as admin...

(not the first time that friend does some funny things with his chinese computer^^ )

I will let you know if we find some kind of explanantions.

6. Kay

Kay New Member

Working on 7.0.50 if I launch it as admin on win7.
    Silky smooth framerate!

7. Vorspire

Vorspire Vita-Nex: Core
    Admin ServUO Developer

Recently used this to test speedhack detection, it seems to have a side-effect of sending movement packets twice as often.

May need to be careful which shard it's used on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Hank

Hank Active Member

This is a known problem that originated from it's source. There was another problem where it may appear to other players that you are moving more spaces then you should be able to. When you're really moving normally. I'm honestly not sure if what you noticed in the packets was a way to fix this visual bug or if it still exists. It could be this visual side effect is related to the packets.

This resource was a mildly risky upload that I got cleared by staff before posting. But if anyone finds anything that is certainly not good or sends up red flags speak up. I know of some people who are using this on shards who claim to have speed hack detection and they've never said that they were approached by staff.

I can assure anyone concerned that this is not a cheat. :)

• Bravery Award Bravery Award x 1
  9. Vorspire

Vorspire Vita-Nex: Core
    Admin ServUO Developer

I didn't asses it visually, I assessed it with console output and some timing math between the throttler being fired vs the movement request. It definitely sends movement requests faster and it would definitely cause you to move faster than other players, had there not been a stock movement throttler in place that causes the rubber-banding.

Another odd side-effect is that every 20-30 paces sends two movement packets at once, I saw this in the console output represented by a 0 delay, which was consistent every time. I'm not sure why this happens, but I have a feeling it's something to do with re-syncing.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the code configured to output console logs, or I'd happily provide them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dawson

Dawson Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  11. fwiffo

Platinum Donator

This actually modifies a single hex code in memory, a byte, from 4c to 00, thus setting the timing pace to somewhat 4 time faster.
    There aren't any other valuable mods, you could do that yourself, it could be useful for someone, dangerous for others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. timginter

timginter Member

Has anyone tested it in PvP? I've heard it displays other characters not exactly where they actually are

13. sahisahi

sahisahi Member

Thats not true at all, it really depends on what server you try the program, in sphere servers characters ''skip tiles'' in runuo they dont do it at all. Fps patch is like a soft speedhack. Many people will disagree with this thought

14. timginter

timginter Member

I've tested it a bit on ServUO, but not in PvP. It did feel that the character was displayed slightly behind where it actually was, especially following other characters or running after them. I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences or it was just me lagging