Hi,

I have a couple questions and can't seem to locate a FAQ that might answer them.

1. What 2D and 3D client can be used to connect to ServUO server? I assume the latest live client will not work?

2. What features does ServUO add to the RunUO code, or is it mostly just updated/bug fixed code? I am trying to decide if I should use RunUO as it is, or more updated code in ServUO but I would like to know what the differences are (not detailed, just basics).

Thanks!

RunUO is no longer supported officially, though some third party support is still available it is not in active development.

ServUO will work with any classic client up to the latest that OSI offer. Enhanced client will be available later.

ServUO has content right now up to Stygian Abyss with further work being done on High Seas and the new expansion.

ServUO is good if you are looking to create a shard that emulates the later eras of UO.

Thankyou dmurphy!

So I assume I should download the latest classic client from uo.com :) I assume I also need UOSteam or Razor.

ServUO does include numerous bug fixes and updates that RunUO doesn't have, but as dmurphy said ServUO has more content for the newer UO expansions like Stygian Abyss. I guess if you're looking to make an old school shard then RunUO is fine (ServUO is as well), but if you'd like newer content you should really go with ServUO. I'd also like to add that while Enhanced Client is not officially supported yet, there has been content posted that you can download to get enhanced client working with your server.

Back