1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few bugs I've noticed on a recent copy of ServUO

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by Kvothe, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Kvothe

Kvothe New Member

Several SA item properties do not work correctly. Some not at all. All types of Damage Eaters will only work on weapons at this time, in order to make them work for jewelry and armor, you'll have to edit AOS.cs around line 1967 for me.

Code (C#):
    1. if (obj is BaseArmor)
    2.                 {
    3.                     SAAbsorptionAttributes attrs = ((BaseArmor)obj).AbsorptionAttributes;
    5.                     if (attrs != null)
    6.                         value += attrs[attribute];
    7.                 }
    8.                 else if (obj is BaseWeapon)
    9.                 {
    10.                     SAAbsorptionAttributes attrs = ((BaseWeapon)obj).AbsorptionAttributes;
    12.                     if (attrs != null)
    13.                         value += attrs[attribute];
    14.                 }
    15.                 else if (obj is BaseJewel)
    16.                 {
    17.                     SAAbsorptionAttributes attrs = ((BaseJewel)obj).AbsorptionAttributes;
    19.                     if (attrs != null)
    20.                         value += attrs[attribute];
    21.                 }
    But they aren't fixed with just that, the eaters won't work on the correct damage type received, for example if you have cold eater 30, only fire damage at the moment will trigger damage reduction for cold (which should obviously trigger on cold damage only).
    In AOS.cs still, around line 229.

Code (C#):
    1. public static void DamageEater(Mobile m, int[] damage)
    2.         {
    3.             int alleater = SAAbsorptionAttributes.GetValue(m, SAAbsorptionAttribute.EaterDamage);
    4.             int toheal = 0, eater = 0;
    6.             if (alleater > 18)
    7.                 alleater = 18;
    9.             for (int i = 0; i < damage.Length; i++)
    10.             {
    11.                 eater = alleater;
    13.                 switch (i)
    14.                 {
    15.                     case 0: eater += SAAbsorptionAttributes.GetValue(m, SAAbsorptionAttribute.EaterKinetic); break;
    16.                     case 1: eater += SAAbsorptionAttributes.GetValue(m, SAAbsorptionAttribute.EaterFire); break;
    17.                     case 2: eater += SAAbsorptionAttributes.GetValue(m, SAAbsorptionAttribute.EaterCold); break;
    18.                     case 3: eater += SAAbsorptionAttributes.GetValue(m, SAAbsorptionAttribute.EaterPoison); break;
    19.                     case 4: eater += SAAbsorptionAttributes.GetValue(m, SAAbsorptionAttribute.EaterEnergy); break;
    20.                 }
    22.                 if (eater > 30)
    23.                     eater = 30;
    Just change the order of the cases to what I have above.
    You may want to test each of the other SA properties, I know reactive paralyze doesn't work. I fixed most so far for my server.

Another major issue I have... I created 2 characters to test various things. Neither of them could attack each other in felucca, therefore I tried to have them attack a creature. Neither of them could attack the creature either. A GM however, can attack players and creatures. I then got a fresh install of ServUO, and tried the same test. And once again, I got the same results. Therefore, my conclusion is leaning toward a problem in Notoriety.cs... But after testing again with spells, I was able to hit the creature just fine with spells... Which is a little baffling at the moment... Anyone have any ideas?

2. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

Are the new characters still young? I would double check and REnounce my young player status. Young players aren't meant to goto felucca so I wouldn't be suprised if there was something wonky about them being there. I'll double check the other SA properties, thanks!

3. Kvothe

Kvothe New Member

Not young, I renounced it. I'll post the solution if I can find it at some point today.

4. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

To verify, in your mapdefintions felucca is set to ruleset.felucca

5. Kvothe

Kvothe New Member

Yes, the problem was somewhere in baseweapon.cs though I'm not exactly sure where.