Status
Not open for further replies.
Your url's are not working :) read more about this resource -maybe you could post this information here also? :)

I love the squire system, I've been tinkering with it since he first conceived it... lol. I've even made a lot of changes and enhancements to it on top of his current development, (Thank you win merge) .

http://www.runuo.com/community/resources/squire-system.234/
[doublepost=1464274381][/doublepost]The only thing I would want to add to this is a timer, so the user has to wait , I would say 60 seconds between each use. with a response of " You feel you should wait a minute before looking again" or something to that effect. lol

In addition to that, add in region checks, so if in a guarded region it will not spawn anything, just say a blank message that " You fail to see anything around you, you feel confident that it's safe to walk around"

Last edited:
I like it :)

I made one, came with 33 uses.

I made a lot of charts, and felt safe a lot.

Four times I got an Ettin spawn notification - twice I got ettins, twice nothing appeared. It looks like there is a message that you see a patrol, but after that, there is only a 1 in 3 chance that they spawn. Seems like the message should be moved down to the actual case where they spawn.

Once I got a rat. Out of 33 tries I expected more than one :)

Three times I got Brigands. They spawned all three times. Once in town - and when they attacked I called guards, just for fun... and no one showed up (Jhelom). Once I was closer to shore than I realized and one of the brigands spawned on the water. I could not reach him, he could not reach me. He is still there.

Four times I got fire critters. Once nothing appeared, three times they spawned ok.

Lots of bears. Lots. They did not attack me so I left them alone. My Minoc gate is mobbed with bears ha ha... can there be a timer on the critters? Is that possible without an XMLSpawner?

So far I like it. Definitely will play around with it.

~Edit~
Ok... I was playing around with it more and think I see where you are going with the messages... you see maybe a spawn... then you lose track of them. Perhaps? This time I felt like it was saying 'watch out ettins.... ah they went away...' So it is cool.

I made 6 more spyglasses, and maybe I do not understand the random uses - looks like the max is 35. Is that 35 on top of some other standard amount? The uses I got were: 29, 34, 51, 53, 50, and 54.

I used the 29 use one and got this (no rats, or fire):

ettin/feel confident
brigands/branches
etin spawn
ettin spawn
brigands/quiet
ettin spawn
not dark enough
not dark enough
ettin/confident
not dark enough
not dark enough