I noticed an interesting thing. Interesting enough that I found it worth noting.
If, for example, I have an IP account limit set on the server (for example 5 accounts),

account/config.cfg
# Number of accounts allowed to be created from a single IP address
AccountsPerIp=5

and then this limit will decrease to eg 2 accounts:

- the player (if he has 5 accounts) will not be able to create another new accounts (with new login) and this is ok but

- if, for example, some of his account will be deleted (for example one, player got now 4 account with server limit = 2), even though the account limit is exceeded - you will still be able to recreate deleted account with same login again ( login such as a deleted account).

For a closer look, I migrated the characters from the sample account to others - and next I deleted the empty account. After reducing the limit of accounts on IP, the player still could create an account (with the same login), but accounts with another new login no longer.

The situation looks the same, if I delete a full account with toons (account existing above the new limit) - I will be able to recreate it again (if I choose the same login), although accounts with a different login are no longer.

Is it possible that despite the account being deleted, the server saves IPs /logins and therefore allows you to recreate account with same login (despite exceeding the limits of accounts)?

Last edited:
It reads what is in your Accounts.xml save file. Unless you manually delete the account from that file, it's going to count it. If another account has that up, it counts that as well. So, if a buddy accesses an separate account from your IP, that counts towards both of you. You need to directly edit the xml file, preferably after you shut the server down so it doesn't get overwritten. This is the only place ip's for creating accounts are stored.

@Dexter_Lexia
Thanks for your post. I wonder just what depends on the fact that if a player cancels an account (over the limit) or does it to GM (to delete the player's account over the limit), such an additional account can be re-created (exceeding the limit of accounts) if the player uses the same login.

For example. The player had 5 accounts (old AccountsPerIp = 5), but now has 2 (newAccountsPerIp = 2), and 3 others have been deleted. This player can not create accounts with a login he did not have before (server refusal due to exceeding the limit), but he can re-create all 3 deleted accounts if he creates them again with old logins (thus exceeding the account limit).

Interestingly, I did a test that deleted a given account (which was above the limit), recorded the saves of the world, turned off the server, I made sure in the account.xml file that the account record disappeared. Then I restarted the server and it turned out that still (having exceeded the limit of accounts) I could create an account with a deleted login. But accounts with another login no longer (I received a message on the console about reaching the limit of accounts on IP).
[doublepost=1530309053][/doublepost]I do not understand this.It looks as if, despite changing the limit of accounts to lower, the server still allowed creating accounts with logins existing under higher limits.

Interestingly, it does not matter who creates such an account. It can be created by any player with already reached limit (there is probably no IP meaning here)

I had reached the account limit and another player too. I deleted one account for this player and even though I had the limit - I could re-create it if I used the login from the deleted account.
However, I could not create a completely different account with another login (message about exceeding the limit on the console)

Last edited:
Back