Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
Donate money to this user
I just tested as a Player on EA, and there is no delay dragging/dropping items from bag to bag.

How to duplicate in latest ServUO:
  • Set up Macro to organize gems from bag to bag.
  • Run organizer as Admin - no delay
  • Run organizer as Player - huge delay

I have tried changing this in Mobile.cs and recompiled Server:

Code:
private static int m_ActionDelay = 500;
to this:

Code:
private static int m_ActionDelay = 50;
This did not fix it.

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Why AOS though? Like @Lokai said there is almost no delay when moving items around in a container yet you can notice it on ServUO...

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
The problem is does this action delay affect all actions?

Moving stuff from within your own bags should have the delay tuned down if it is not as noticeable on EA, so an exception would need to be coded.

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
This is most noticeable on the "Lift" action. I am not sure what other actions are impacted.

After testing this on my server, I think the value in Mobile of 500 is not too far off. The setting in CurrentExpansion that doubles it is very restricting for players, and does NOT reflect what is on EA servers. I personally changed the value in CurrentExpansion to 350, and that seems reasonable, but I can also see setting it as high as 500. It is most noticeable when using macros, as manually clicking and dragging CAN take almost a second to do anyway, but it feels like an eternity when you hold down SHIFT and start dragging things off a corpse quickly only to have the system constantly block you because it thinks you are moving too fast. What?

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
After looking into it, I can confirm 500 seems not that far off. Does anyone have any objections to me sending a PR to change it to 500 down from 1000? It is pretty easy to test on EA.