Add ability to use old map.mul files while using EJ expansion.

ParanoiaPhD

May 2, 2019
California
www.iceyou.org
Shard Name
Central USA
Basically would it be possible to use the old UO maps like all the way up to Mondains Legacy but still use the latest client and the Endless Journey expansion? I just really want to have the Old Haven back. I think it's called Ocllo Haven and its only located on the Trammel map in the old UO. Replaced by New Haven now they really ruined it for me... Would like to get it back but keep all the new EJ stuff going too. Is it possible?

I tried packing the old map files with LegacyConverter-N but it didn't work. It gave me errors in my server and they wouldn't go away even after replacing the new custom packed files with the originals until I reinstalled UO and patched it. So I don't think converting the old maps.mul to .uop works...

Either way what about the XMLSpawner? Does it support the old Ultima online map with Old Haven?

Anyways... I think I'm crazy... This won't work since the new client wont read .mul we would have to convert it to a compatible .uop and then somehow tell the XMLSpawner to use the old trammel map. I'm lost man can someone help me with this?

Last edited:

golfin

Apr 24, 2018
Czech Republic
I use the installation of UO version 7.0.50 and convert the old format mapy into a new uop format without any problems. I use the UOPTOOL (Download) utility to do this, or I can edit the map in uop format using centered +

• Love
Reactions: ParanoiaPhD

Vorspire

Vita-Nex: Core
Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Ultima Shards: Multiverse
Donate
Donate money to this user
The expansion setting for the shard doesn't dictate what files (or formats) are used, that is done by detecting the client version in the shard's data path, as well as detecting the length and/or other properties of certain files.

TL,DR; If you use EJ, just target an older client with your data path and it will work automatically.

The TOL account gold system can actually work with all client versions despite the lack of the new trade window, because I wrote the implementation to regress to using a non-movable, virtual check in the trade window for trading gold. This allows old and new clients to use the account old system.

There are other features you may not be able to use though, depending on how old your client is, those features will become apparent and you'll likely have to disable them server-side.

• Love
Reactions: ParanoiaPhD

ParanoiaPhD

May 2, 2019
California
www.iceyou.org
Shard Name
Central USA
So I got this error after a fresh install of the server and pointing it to fresh install of mondains legacy.

C#:
Restricting enhanced client version to 67.0.59.0 SA. Action to be taken: Kick
This server has no accounts.
Do you want to create the owner account now? (y/n)y

Username: .
Password: .
Account created.
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Server.Multis.HouseTeleporterTile.Initialize() in C:\Users\maste\OneDrive\Desktop\ServUO-master\Scripts\Multis\HouseTeleporterTile.cs:line 17
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in C:\Users\maste\OneDrive\Desktop\ServUO-master\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 522
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\maste\OneDrive\Desktop\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 642
Crash: Generating report...done
Crash: Backing up...done
Crash: Restarting...done
Exiting...done
Post automatically merged:

I use the installation of UO version 7.0.50 and convert the old format mapy into a new uop format without any problems. I use the UOPTOOL (Download) utility to do this, or I can edit the map in uop format using centered +
Does that version have the old Ocllo Haven? if so do you know how I can get it? What is it mondains legacy?

Last edited:

golfin

Apr 24, 2018
Czech Republic
I don't know, I believe that version 7.0.50 will no longer contain the old Ocllo Haven. Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy is a UO expansion pack.