1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a facet

Discussion in 'ServUO Discussion' started by Walter Gress, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Walter Gress

Gold Donator

Does anybody know if it’s possible to add a new facet? Not wipe a facet but creating an all new one.

2. Falkor

Falkor Member

The number of physical maps can't be changed. You can "clone" any existing land mass into a new facet as many times as you wish inside MapDefinitions.cs. You can also replace any of the existing maps with a new one, either created yourself or downloaded/purchased elsewhere. I'm sure that part is covered in detail somewhere on the site here.

I've used a purchased Darkshard map to replace Fel while keeping the original Tram, something that can't be done on the latest clients. Replacing the other maps is easier. I did have to tweak the housing placement code because the new map has a "rougher" terrain that would prohibit housing in most spots.

3. sahisahi

sahisahi Member

You can use ultima live map streamer also there was a script to create a new instanced facet i dont remember how it was called