which files do i need to edit to add custom ore and make it mineable and craftable into weapons and armour... any help would be appreciated, i can prolly figure the rest out by just looking at the current definitions and adding extra types after that.

I believe these are most of the scripts by default you'll need to add to / modify in order to add custom ores & metals.

Defblacksmithy.cs
DefCarpentry.cs
DefTinkering.cs
DefMasonry.cs
ProspectorsTool.cs
Mining.cs
Ores.cs
OreInfo.cs
Ingots.cs
ArmorEnums.cs
BaseArmor.cs
BaseWeapon.cs
BaseCreature.cs
Granite.cs
CraftItem.cs
ResourceInfo.cs
Stealth.cs

Not including bod scripts. I've been thinking about writing a tutorial for ores lately. Been busy with work.*sigh*

I believe these are most of the scripts by default you'll need to add to / modify in order to add custom ores & metals.

Defblacksmithy.cs
DefCarpentry.cs
DefTinkering.cs
DefMasonry.cs
ProspectorsTool.cs
Mining.cs
Ores.cs
OreInfo.cs
Ingots.cs
ArmorEnums.cs
BaseArmor.cs
BaseWeapon.cs
BaseCreature.cs
Granite.cs
CraftItem.cs
ResourceInfo.cs
Stealth.cs

Not including bod scripts. I've been thinking about writing a tutorial for ores lately. Been busy with work.*sigh*
tutorial would be awsome, i used one for custom leather a while ago, i think it was yours... very helpfull... once i add a bunch of custom ores, i allready have custom leather ill post my whole shard to releases...... i only made it to play with my kids....

-One idea would be to check custom scripts concerning that.
-Another idea would be to check how current scripts handle that.

Keep in mind that with the second option, you need to change alot of things, and be really careful with lets say: granite names, runic hammer resource name, the names of the ores in the craft menus... Those are some small problems i faced when making my own ores, you will surely face those too if you use pre-AOS, or even AOS, even more if you choose custom named resources like "Jade", or whatever.

If you launch yourself in that, do it quickly, or you will get lost with time and won't be able to finish!
(Or do what i didn't do, make a log file of the stuffs you add/modify xD)

-One idea would be to check custom scripts concerning that.
-Another idea would be to check how current scripts handle that.

Keep in mind that with the second option, you need to change alot of things, and be really careful with lets say: granite names, runic hammer resource name, the names of the ores in the craft menus... Those are some small problems i faced when making my own ores, you will surely face those too if you use pre-AOS, or even AOS, even more if you choose custom named resources like "Jade", or whatever.

If you launch yourself in that, do it quickly, or you will get lost with time and won't be able to finish!
(Or do what i didn't do, make a log file of the stuffs you add/modify xD)
what i did with leather was i wrote a paper sheet to keep the names and orders straight, and logged my changes in that....

Back