@tass23 I'm trying to make 2 NPC's get into an argument and respond to the others text as a keyword and text setup. Vokes is supposed to say something, Sprellic is supposed to respond to what he says. I saw the AllowNPC trigger option in the xmledit gump but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I doing something wrong?

I've attached a portion of the dialogue between the two below.

ai.gyazo.com_0c14021f256a66b0de2292cc45796508.png

Have you seen the Abbott & Costello NPCs? They are in a few of the quest collections floating around. I have no idea who wrote them, or when. Here is a screen shot of their first page of the gump. It starts out needing a player response, then switches to NPC response. I did not write so cannot be of much help. Hopefully this can get you going the right way....

Attachments

• costello.JPG
    costello.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Abbott.JPG
    Abbott.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
  • XmlQuestNPC.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 11
As far as I can tell, they are the same setup just longer dialogue. The triggered NPC should have a -1 dependson and allownpc checked as well as atleast 1 word from the text as a keyword, right? Does the lockon or ignorecar matter?

Oh, I forgot when I first tried to set these guys up Abbott would start, but Costello would not. I compared the [props and saw that Abbott was set to false on 'lock conversation', Costello was set to true. I changed Costello to false and they both worked. I only had to reply once, that I wanted to hear the routine, and then they took off on their own.

Attachments

• props.JPG
    props.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 13
Thanks, that didn't solve my issue but while looking at that screenshot, I noticed they had "AllowNPCTrigger" set to true. I had assumed that check boxing that in the xmledit gump did that, but did not. Thanks for the help!

Yes, mostly. I had some concerns that the quests npcs needed lock conversation set to false in order to work. I'm afraid it will affect the way players interact with the npcs, as they give quests and change objectives, couldn't players potentially "interrupt" another player?

Fun stuff though (Added sound as well)

acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_156303385358893056_161811802429063169_Gif.gif

Yes, mostly. I had some concerns that the quests npcs needed lock conversation set to false in order to work. I'm afraid it will affect the way players interact with the npcs, as they give quests and change objectives, couldn't players potentially "interrupt" another player?

I have never run in to an issue where a player interrupted a QuestNPC. However, there have been a few instances where I froze the player and squelched them for a few seconds to watch a "scene" that was incorporated into a quest or event. I seem to recall GMs on OSI doing very much the same thing during shard events though. If you were "in the area" you were at least squelched, but if you were right in the middle of it, you could be frozen as well.

It's not a terrible practice, although I wouldn't do it very often, because there are drawbacks, more from a player's standpoint though.

Back