Animalism and RP - preferably some Realism

NMND

Dec 25, 2018
NGFR, Djurmannee
Shard Name
Ardenreich
Donate
Donate money to this user
Servus! - Or Greetings, if you prefer staying international.

I am looking for a server where "hunting" doesn't involve mystical monsters that much, but different species and subspecies of animals with their own leathers and hides (from brown/black/polar bears to ice/timber/grey wolves to red stags and elks). I only know one shard providing that: siebenwind.de, which is in my past.
An interesting farming and herding system would also be welcome.

Other requirements I have are a reasonable staff team and some RolePlay. It does not have to be hardcore-RP, but I am not against it.

I don't care about the server location, since I don't think 100-200 Ping matters much in UO. I am located in EU.

I also am a bit tired of all that elves-tolkien- or vampire-stuff, but I will deal with it if necessary. About magic, I don't care much.

Until I find a fitting shard, I may just try to play around with ServUO on my own a bit. I should already own the necessary technical resources.

Argonious

Aug 28, 2013
DesAllemands Louisiana
Shard Name
none
Donate
Well, NMND, I have looked over alot of shards, and Requiem, as well as Outland, and UO Renaissance is a pre uor shard that plays really nice without all the uber things you talk about. As far as trying your own shard, you will find alot of help here, and I would suggest giving several shards a chance. Best of Luck, and Just have fun playing thats the most important thing!

NMND

Dec 25, 2018
NGFR, Djurmannee
Shard Name
Ardenreich
Donate
You might try Requiem, It has a lot of what you have listed as requirements.
http://www.13thrones.com
http://discord.gg/13thrones
I already saw it suggested in another thread. I will check it out further as soon as I have the time/nerves to read through the background. :)

Servus, you sound like a German?:)
Frankonian, to be exact. ;)

Well, NMND, I have looked over alot of shards, and Requiem, as well as Outland, and UO Renaissance is a pre uor shard that plays really nice without all the uber things you talk about. As far as trying your own shard, you will find alot of help here, and I would suggest giving several shards a chance. Best of Luck, and Just have fun playing thats the most important thing!
Yeh, lots of shards may play "really nice" without all my fancy dreamy über-requirements. But same as for relationships, "nice" is not what I am looking for. :p - But that is, why I am posting here. I am not sad if there is no fit for me ("...as in relationships..." :D), some things you have to do yourself to get them right - or just deal with not having/getting it. That's just how the world works.
About my "own shard": As I wrote in my introduction, I mainly see it as the possibility to play around, maybe learn a bit of C# syntax and technical knowledge. I am quite sure this community will help me out a lot, as long as I behave and play nice.

tymber

Dec 3, 2013
The shard you describe closely matches the vision we are developing at Britannia's End, and for which we are seeking testers. If you are still looking, please read this thread. Keep in mind, that we are just entering early testing. So, much of what you described, while a part of our vision, has not yet been implemented.