Animalism and RP - preferably some Realism

NMND

Dec 25, 2018
NGFR, Djurmannee
Shard Name
Ardenreich
Donate
Donate money to this user
Servus! - Or Greetings, if you prefer staying international.

I am looking for a server where "hunting" doesn't involve mystical monsters that much, but different species and subspecies of animals with their own leathers and hides (from brown/black/polar bears to ice/timber/grey wolves to red stags and elks). I only know one shard providing that: siebenwind.de, which is in my past.
An interesting farming and herding system would also be welcome.

Other requirements I have are a reasonable staff team and some RolePlay. It does not have to be hardcore-RP, but I am not against it.

I don't care about the server location, since I don't think 100-200 Ping matters much in UO. I am located in EU.

I also am a bit tired of all that elves-tolkien- or vampire-stuff, but I will deal with it if necessary. About magic, I don't care much.

Until I find a fitting shard, I may just try to play around with ServUO on my own a bit. I should already own the necessary technical resources.

Argonious

Aug 28, 2013
DesAllemands Louisiana
Shard Name
none
Donate
Well, NMND, I have looked over alot of shards, and Requiem, as well as Outland, and UO Renaissance is a pre uor shard that plays really nice without all the uber things you talk about. As far as trying your own shard, you will find alot of help here, and I would suggest giving several shards a chance. Best of Luck, and Just have fun playing thats the most important thing!

NMND

Dec 25, 2018
NGFR, Djurmannee
Shard Name
Ardenreich
Donate
You might try Requiem, It has a lot of what you have listed as requirements.
http://www.13thrones.com
http://discord.gg/13thrones
I already saw it suggested in another thread. I will check it out further as soon as I have the time/nerves to read through the background. :)

Servus, you sound like a German?:)
Frankonian, to be exact. ;)

Well, NMND, I have looked over alot of shards, and Requiem, as well as Outland, and UO Renaissance is a pre uor shard that plays really nice without all the uber things you talk about. As far as trying your own shard, you will find alot of help here, and I would suggest giving several shards a chance. Best of Luck, and Just have fun playing thats the most important thing!
Yeh, lots of shards may play "really nice" without all my fancy dreamy über-requirements. But same as for relationships, "nice" is not what I am looking for. :p - But that is, why I am posting here. I am not sad if there is no fit for me ("...as in relationships..." :D), some things you have to do yourself to get them right - or just deal with not having/getting it. That's just how the world works.
About my "own shard": As I wrote in my introduction, I mainly see it as the possibility to play around, maybe learn a bit of C# syntax and technical knowledge. I am quite sure this community will help me out a lot, as long as I behave and play nice.