1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archive Back Online!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Insanity, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Well guys, sorry for being MIA for so freaking long. But good news! I'm now moved into town, have real internet (50mb and loving it,) and I was recently promoted at work. Meaning I'll be able to start spending more time on the site and project in the next couple of weeks when I get my steady schedule.

However...I had the day off today and had some spare time to work on things. I've actually updated XenForo it's self to the newest version, among various addons. Although the fix that most of you guys will like is that the Archive is back online!

Now...there is a downside to this. I wasn't able to rescue the database for the old archive, due to a faulty upgrade botching the old database. Plus during my move, I had multiple hardware failures on my desktop. Causing me to loose backups of the database.

The Archive is online and working, although I'm still in the process of adding back all the missing categories. The ServUO ones are there and ready to be used. So everyone that has previously added a resource to the archive, may add them back again. Upon adding an OLD resource back, you should send me a message here on the forum so that I can link the newly posted resource to the old resource thread.

Newly posted resources can be posted as they were before, without any issues now as things have been fixed. Also as I mentioned once before. You can post resources NOT made by you, and have a moderator re-assign the resource to the original author of said resource (assuming they have an account on here.)

Few new things about the resource manager. You can provide additional details on resources when creating a resource. Such as requirements, license, ect. More optional details will be added to specific categories as I continue to finish things up. You may also now, and SHOULD include a resource image. These are images that are used to display your resource on the site here. If your resource does NOT have a resource image provided, it will never make the new featured list of resources.

More details and updates soon, if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them here. Big thanks for @Vorspire and everyone continuing to keep this project and site alive in my long absence. Expect big things in the next few of months.

• Like Like x 3
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  2. cmileto

cmileto Member

I get a:
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
    when i try to download anything.
    Additionally the download button says "Download is not available"

3. Milva

Admin Moderator

So this is happening when your logged in? Ok I will send Insanity a pm he will need fix permissions :)

4. cmileto

cmileto Member

ai40.tinypic.com_2cooo4w.png

Sorry about the start menu but yes it appears I am logged in.

5. Milva

Admin Moderator

Once Insanity fixes the fix permissions for download then you will be all set, sorry about that :)

6. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

You guys should have access to download resources now. There is a known issue with the description not currently displaying, and I will have to look further into it later as I have to work early and a long ass shift tomorrow

Sorry guys, I've taken down the Resource Manager again for the moment. Trying to fix a rather annoying issue that was found. This time should be the last time, as I'm going to wipe the whole table for RM and re-install fresh. Sorry for any inconveniences. I would just like to fix this RM issue once and for all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  7. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Sorry for taking so long to fix this issue. Ended up being a rather busy holiday week for me. Although things are calming down now and I finally get to spend my time again on my favorite hobby. So without further adieu...

The UO Archive is back online (one last time) and fully functional. Along with all the new bonus features (such as resource images and what not) you'll most likely notice other minor changes. All VERIFIED users will be able to download anything from the Archive. In order to be a verified user, you must have at least one moderator approved post (meaning a post count of at least 1.)

Anyone can post a new resource in the archive. If you are RE-POSTING an old resource, you should notify me or any other admin/moderator. So that we can link the old resource to the old discussion thread. Come January 2014, I will be deleting all old resource threads that aren't linked to a resource. So all authors should begin re-posting their old resources asap.

If you have any issues/questions/suggestions about the resource manager you should send me a personal conversation here on the forum.

• Like Like x 1