Status
Not open for further replies.
gametec submitted a new resource:

Automated Server Staff Revamped - A group of npcs that interact with players like a human staff member would...

This system allows for some flexibility, but in a nutshell it allows server owners to replace their human staff with trusted npc ones.

This system is great for small shards that don't have a lot of staff. It also helps larger shards lighten the burden of becoming stretched too thin when issues may arise. Ideally you should get creative and rework this in your own vision.

This system is divided up into 4 administrator NPCs.
  • Cleaning Crew: picks up stuff people leave on the ground...

Read more about this resource...

I am trying to set this up and I get the following errors.
ai.imgur.com_ZCpCeGn.jpg
Can you help me fix these?
*Edited to fix the image to the correct one and ignore the helpgump error since I fixed it *

Update got the errors fixed. I was missing two files. Thank you for all the help :)

Attachments

• ai.imgur.com_yHhESD4.jpg
    ai.imgur.com_yHhESD4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
gametec updated Automated Server Staff Revamped with a new update entry:

Contraband Sniffing Dogs Added!

This update includes some minor compatibility fixes to compensate for the changes made. So what's new:

• I added a k9 companion:
    • When players click help, the automated GameMasters will spawn with their furry contraband sniffers. Yes that's correct, if you have an item on your server that you don't want anyone to obtain add it to the list inside the SecurityK9.cs.
    • I also created a new gump that launches with Joku's toolbar; yes I integrated it with his system so they...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I want to use this, the only thing that prevents me from using it is it seems to want to delete all the mobiles of my server after installing it. I've let it remove the mobiles and it works as intended, even after a shard reboot and everything. So maybe it cannot be helped due to the serialization? but that is definitely a deal breaker. lol (i did recheck the installation to make sure my human errors did not surface and it looks to be correct)

This is an unavoidable situation I'm afraid, even after I asked Voxpire to do me a favor and recheck the serialization, he fixed it and sent it back to me and it still makes you delete all mobiles initially. My advice is to log into game and save a few times then shut down the server and restart. No more deleting mobiles after that. Now playermobile.cs aside I did notice that some of the serialization of the individual mobiles may be wrong:

if I am correct when we do a Switch statement (using the code below as a reference), the default and the case count as: writer.Write((int)2); // version

Code:
 switch (version)
            {
                case 1:
                    {

}
                    break;

default:
                    {

}
                    break;
            }

usually with the switch method you would go
Code:
case 2:
	// your code
	goto case 1;
case 1:
	// your code 	break;
In your case I am not sure if the default is not triggered while it is also just version 1

Im a newb and trying to get this system to work how would i install this on server? would it just go into scripts folder?

It's not a plug and play system. install instructions are not there; my bad. lol

However in the package there is a folder called DistroModifications under SystemEnging, open that up and merge the scripts into yours. Then if you get errors post them and we'll attempt to fix them one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back