1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Barracoon

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by ruaduck, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ruaduck

ruaduck Member

I cannot get Barracoon to turn into rat form during a champ spawn. He stays in his human form and doesn't allow for Repond Slayers to be used on him.

2. ruaduck

ruaduck Member

So looking at the script it looks like he doesn't turn rat until he only has 500 HP left. Which is very little HP. So i have updated mine to 3500 so that they can use a Repond Slayer on him.

3. Omni

Omni Member

You could also update your slayer Entry and allow him attackable using repond slayer from the start..

Code (C#):
    1. humanoid.Super = new SlayerEntry(SlayerName.Repond, typeof(GrayGoblinMageRenowned),typeof(Barracoon));
    2.             humanoid.Entries = new SlayerEntry[]
    3.             {
    4.             };

• Cake Reward Cake Reward x 1
  4. SomeDude

SomeDude New Member

I no on osi barracon transforms in and out of rat form and randomly transforms players into a rat and the bonus damge from repond slayer only applys if barracoon is in rat form and im sure that he transforms into rat form randomly not based on how low his hp is i will get on my osi account tonight and test this but pertty sure im correct

#4 SomeDude, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  5. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

Over on my server (The older carnation of it anyway) we had a big discussion thread on this one with a couple of players saying it should be x y z. The outcome of the thread was that it was working as OSI accurate as possible. I even went to the point of doing the spawn on OSI.

1. He will only turn into a ratman once very low on life. Although it did seem to be slightly higher than 500hp (it was around the 10% mark according to Razors % pop ups) So this would be 1,200 hp (on OSI)- However stock coon here has 4.2k hits as opposed to the 12k listed on UO Guide.
    2. You can only use the slayer on him when he is in rat form, on OSI you can hit him all you want with a repond slayer but before he's in rat form you'll gain no additional bonus.

Hope this helps some! Should save you some testing etc. :p

6. Omni

Omni Member

After doing this on osi you might have noticed that he actually spawns ratmen when attacked by spells aswel..

Servuo/Runuo versions do not do this but its quite a simple fix..

line 280

Find

Code (C#):
    1.  public override void OnGotMeleeAttack(Mobile attacker)
    2.         {
    3.             base.OnGotMeleeAttack(attacker);
    5.             this.DoSpecialAbility(attacker);
    6.         }
    Above Add

Code (C#):
    1. public override void OnDamagedBySpell( Mobile from )
    2.         {
    3.             base.OnDamagedBySpell( from );
    5.             DoSpecialAbility( from );
    6.         }
    I take no credit for this update was done by peoharen a long time ago and with the generousity of m309 i managed to get a hold of it to share here...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

Ahh interesting, having tested it on OSI with a dexxer(Main testing points for me were Repond slayer damage) I didn't know about the spell damage part.
    Nice share! :)

8. RedBeard

RedBeard Active Member

Should also be categorized as Vermin Slayer which would be in TalismanSlayer.cs

9. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

Looking at the code, it seems that if I have a vermin slayer talisman. I'll get the slayer damage bonus to barracoon before he turns into a rat?
    I've not tested this out myself yet but will do so unless anyone can verify what happens when using a vermin slayer on ServUO?

10. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

So I tested this out with a vermin slayer tali and completely kicked coons ass.
    I was getting the slayer bonus right from the off so it doesn't check for when he's in rat form.
    I've not tested this out on OSI but it says on UO Guide that it's only when in rat form as with the repond slayer.
    I'm off to work in less than an hour but after that i'll post something back up here.

11. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

And an additional note on this - Repond slayer does no damage bonus on ServUO what so ever, regardless of if Barracoon is in rat form or human form.
    After looking at the code I'm not sure how to go about creating making coon slayer vulnerable only when in rat form as in the slayer groups there is no way to check for the attacker/defender etc. Just a type of mobile.
    A work around would be to create another script for 'BarracoonVulnerable' then have barracoon self delete, spawn BarracoonVulnerable at the same position and set it's hits to the same level.
    That way BarracoonVulnerable could be placed in the slayer definitions. It's a messy work around and i'm sure there is probably a much neater way to do this. If there isn't perhaps there should be? :p - It might be worth adding something like this into the core for the purposes of making event mobiles etc. A property in creatures to determine if they are slayer immune or not perhaps?

Just throwing ideas out there.. if any of the more learned scripters want to wade, please do so! :p

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  12. RedBeard

RedBeard Active Member

Similar to what you wrote:
    Delete the mobile at 500 hit points and add the Slayer vulnerable one in place
    With the illustion of polymorph spell with effects.
    Just throwing ideas around....
    Code (C#):
    2. public override void OnGotMeleeAttack(Mobile attacker)
    3.   {
    4.   base.OnGotMeleeAttack(attacker);
    5.   // if (Utility.RandomDouble() < 0.01)
    6.   if (Hits < 500 )
    7.   {
    8.   BarracoonRatman br = new BarracoonRatman();
    9.   br.NoKillAwards = true;
    10.   if (br.Backpack == null)
    11.   {
    12.   Backpack pack = new Backpack(); //Define Barracoons correct loot & arty drop
    13.   pack.Movable = false;
    14.   br.AddItem(pack);
    15.   }
    16.   for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++)
    17.   {
    18.   LootPack.FilthyRich.Generate(this, br.Backpack, true, LootPack.GetLuckChanceForKiller(this));
    19.   LootPack.FilthyRich.Generate(this, br.Backpack, false, LootPack.GetLuckChanceForKiller(this));
    20.   }
    21.   Effects.PlaySound(this, Map, 0x54C);//Polymorph Sound
    22.   Effects.SendLocationEffect(Location, Map, 0x3709, 30, 10, 0, 0);//Polymorph Effect
    23.   br.MoveToWorld(Location, Map);
    24.   Delete();
    25.   return;
    26.   }
    27.   }

#12 RedBeard, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  13. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

It is fixed, you can check it out on ServUO core now. I decided to add a optional system that Mob's can use to dynamically change their Slayer Vulnerabilities and have it checked. So Barracoon now uses this system and adds Vermin/Repond to his vulnerabilities when he gets turned into a rat, also did ALOT of osi stat changes to him while I was touching the file. Big thanks to Ruaduck for helping me test.