Hi,

I haven't had much success with map making. What is the best map making software/procedure for map making in Time of Legends (uop files)?

I am about to try this myself. But, currently the best I would say is CenterED+ However everything would be basically hand done piece by piece or area by area. But, the quality would be superb. I never had luck with all the paint type editors like dragon ect... And I never liked the end results the produce. But, centered+ doesn't work or support the newest client. I am gonna try to trick it into letting me edit the files will get back to you on this. The author staticz has a new project that if finished will probably be the most powerful and best editor. Basically will be centered+ plus & uofiddler+ ultimate editor. With UOP support. As I recall it. I only hope it has language options. UOFiddler+ was partially in russian.

No I tried tricking it to use lastest 7.0.59.5 no dice. It will go upto high seas though. I am not sure how it knows the mul files are older.
[doublepost=1506509879][/doublepost]https://www.servuo.com/threads/centred-install-tutorial.1173/

Quote from another member
As far as I know .uop files are not implemented yet. So you have to use an older client to get this to work. I assume that the last version Centred+ is working with properly is Client version 7.0.23.1. But I never used it. I will try it out, but anyway, this is what I would call a hard limit.
[doublepost=1506513500][/doublepost]Think I found a work around. Use older muls to edit. As your customs. Then convert any muls that need be to UOP then drop in the newer client directory not the older one they are from. Think this will work. You may not be able to have ToL land ect... But, anything MAP wise up to the Client version 7.0.23.1 I wouldn't try this with anything prior to map size changes.
The chart is here scroll down
http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Start_and_server_setup

Says right there on the charts > At present clients are higher 7.0.23.1 aren't supported.
Keep in mind though that far as Art and Gumps there are changes that must be preserved to use with modern emulators. Such as stats gump. Paperdoll, and buttons like Guild, and trade gump. So If you try using old gumps, tiledata, animdata, Stuff won't work out. With a modern publish. So... Yeah I will figure out the limitations soon enough. At best this new/old hybrid will be a juggling act.
[doublepost=1506521948][/doublepost]It works. I setup centered to edit my 7.0.21.1 client I converted modern patch 7.0.59.5 UOP files art & gump legacy files. I then took the animdata, tiledata, and radarcol files and dumped them all into the 7.0.21.1 client works. I now have centered+ editing maps with newest art. Wont have newest animations, New clothing like top hat wedding dress wont show. But, I can edit map with new art. That is what I was after and should be able to use most recent servuo publish. Spawned areas like ToL and stuff will be off. So looking at my current build. All the deco, spawns, ect.. add to the LoT area are there but it is black. And can't teleport around. Stygian is intact. On player account get your client is out of date. Message, Stat gump is buggered. So I imagine so is trade gump. *sighs* But, I imagine I can edit the maps. Then reverse this process. Convert my maps files only and drop them into the modern client folder =) Then stat gump and all that other junk will be fixed. Will also have all the animations ect... Just no Eodon map area ascontent_atl3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_21767917_13779935289356f282e8d211b4a5e8ef92da3df20cc7ed.jpg
[doublepost=1506529134][/doublepost]So I edited TurMur and tried to blanket the ToL area with grass. This led to crazy glitch with unused tiles everywhere. So then I reverted and edited only the Turmur area from original map. This works. Just can't touch anything in the TOL area between Royal City and Abyss areas. There is a new map called map5x and statics5x ect... I believe they spliced all this in. And since it isn't supported files can't touch that area or files. So I am cool with this. Can still edit all black areas in all classic maps and tweak things. So yay!

Last edited:
Back