Houses on my shard do not decay by design. That said, I have an account that is dormant and has a house. I'd like to demolish the house but that option isn't available on the house sign. What then is the best way to demolish it? I'm assuming if I delete the sign, the house will go poof.

Why the demolish option is not available? Maybe the moving crate is not empty? Or there are rental vendors on the plot?

Thanks all, I landed up taking the chance of problems and just deleted the sign (as Tasanar suggested). I didn't want to delete the account because the user may come back. They did empty the house back down to an empty plot. I just did a save and deleted the sign figuring if it didn't work, I could just revert. It all worked out just fine. Thanks again to all that replied.

You could set up quite an easy decay system. I use the newest expansion but houses will decay over a 6 month period. If there is no activity on at the house for 6 months + 1 day it will collapse.

I'd be happy to share the extremely simply edits to BaseHouse.cs and DynamicDecay.cs for anyone that wants them. Again this is for those using the newest expansions.

the house sign disappeared but the house is still there? now what? cant access the house sign with owner account nor the player account lol help please.

Usually if you delete an account -it will remove the house also. Very odd for a house sign to just disappear
If you don't want to remove the account do this [area interface move where BaseHouse you will be able to bound corner to corner of the house, when the gump shows then click on foundation - then will see delete. This will remove the house

Back