1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce Blackthorn dungeon lighthouse - sometimes crashes all clients in the area

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by Tasanar, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Tasanar

Moderator ServUO Developer

Alright so this again will be something that needs to be investigated. I have confirmed it and it does happen, I have had a few reports on the issue.

Basically when a group of players are attacking the light houses, sometimes, and I am guessing it is due to an animation, eveyones client crashes. Every time anyone logs in they all crash. After a little while (about 2 - 5 minutes) the situation resolves itself and people can log back in normally again. I am guessing it is due to the animation stopping.

https://trueuo.com/index.php?threads/blackthorn-dungeon.779/

I have had multiple in-game reports of it too and even crashed myself one time going to investigate. Here is some information we have gathered:

"I seemed to have replicated the blackthorn dungeon client crash again today.
    Here's what I did in similarity to yesterday when it happened.

Upon killing the first wave at the mini spawn, I casted summon fey spell. 4 of them, and I said "all kill" to attack the tower. I had a shadow wisp on me, and was in wraith form. I also began casting lightning, using a UO macro Lightning/last target repeatedly.

almost half way thru damaging the tower, it seems like several lightnings happened, some from me, some from the feys, and the tower too casted it. As soon as I took damage, i lost connection, and could not log back in for several minutes.

I was finally able to log back in and tried a second time to replicate it, and nothing happened. The tower was damaged and the second wave of the mini spawn popped up as usual."

2. Dexter_Lexia

This is not happening to me. weird.

3. Tasanar

It does not happen every time but it does happen. Must be an animation error of some sort during the destruction sequence.

4. Dexter_Lexia

I thought it was when it was half dead?

5. Tasanar

I get at least 2 reports a week on it. Every client in the area losses connection.

6. Tasanar

That was just one players report. When I ported in I also crashed one time and could not log in for about 2 minutes. I am guessing it is one weird specific time during the animation as that is the only thing that makes sense.

7. Dexter_Lexia

WHich animation? The area attack, which is simply a bolt effect, or the end effects of the blast/fireball effect? Ive dont several and hasn't happened. Also, all of the args in the effect seem to be fine, as well as teh itemid's.

8. Tasanar

I believe the players think its the animation but I believe maybe it is sometimes the lighthouse itself, when it is receiving an attack while changing into a more decayed state.

All I know is I have seen this one in action and it is very hard to pinpoint. Maybe in the future players will be able to better provide more information as to the client crash.