So, I've been unable to find a tutorial to using the commands in XMLSpawner, so I thought I'd try to find some help here.

Here are the conditions:

Boss is an Ancient Wyrm. (Total 1)
Secondary sub-group should be one Dragon and one White Wyrm. (Total 2)
Tertiary sub-group should be 1-2 Drakes and 1-2 Wyverns (Total 3)
Total count: 6

Boss is spawned only at the end of the refractory period, after which Secondary subgroup all missing members are respawned, and immediately following any remaining spawner slots are respawned with missing Tertiary group members.

Trigger: Any time a visible player (And preferably pet) moves in the area of the spawner, the respawn timer restarts.

At normal respawn times:

If the boss is dead, the spawner resets and enters a refractory period, but does not clear out any surviving spawns from secondary or tertiary groups.

if there's a player (and preferably pet) in the area, nothing happens and the respawn timer restarts.

Secondary subgroup all missing members are respawned, and immediately following any remaining spawner slots are respawned with missing Tertiary group members.

It sounds like you're basically going for a champ-type spawn. I don't know if they are still included in the ServUO repo, but at one time, there was a mini-champ Xmlspawner setup for The Abyss. If it's still there, you could load one of those and get a good idea of what to change. Send me a PM if you need any help.

I do plan on putting together a tutorial for a champ spawn using Xmlspawner, just still trying to get settled from my move at the moment ;)

Negative, it's meant to be a single simultaneous encounter, like for example when you walk into a boss room on WoW or other MMO. Hence the need to respawn the minions when there's no-one there. I also intend to use it for other room spawns as well.

Basically, the spawn needs to be encountered as a group to have the proper encounter difficulty.

And yes, doing a mini-/champ would be super easy, as that's what the subgroups are actually designed to do by default. :p

Negative, it's meant to be a single simultaneous encounter, like for example when you walk into a boss room on WoW or other MMO. Hence the need to respawn the minions when there's no-one there. I also intend to use it for other room spawns as well.

Basically, the spawn needs to be encountered as a group to have the proper encounter difficulty.

And yes, doing a mini-/champ would be super easy, as that's what the subgroups are actually designed to do by default. :p
Yes, you can use a few individual Xmlspawners to control the spawn, but it would still be similar to a mini-champ set up. Xmlspawner1, has all the mob entries for the entire encounter. Xmlspawner2 uses Conditions/If to spawn the appropriate subgroup. If you want to, you could even have entries for the different groups of mobs set into subgroups. For example, sub1 contains the Boss, sub2 contains trash mobs, sub3 contains two entries for the Boss, and the trash mobs. Xmlspawner2 triggers, based on the Condition/If, and spawns the correct subgroup. There is a lot of room to add entries, and I have yet to see a conflict in using all the pages and entries available.

Back