I have been getting a LOT of help from a member called The Doc.

This is what I am trying to do-------------------------------------------
I am trying to get ServUO compiled using Unbuntu 14.04. I need advice, tutorials, or even ideas from anyone who is experienced with doing this.

For a look at my progress, check out this thread --
http://www.servuo.com/threads/compiling-under-linux.1462/page-3#post-8665
try this john.. from Runuo Community..
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/problem-with-smalltailorbod-cs.536380/

it is John...1 reason is speciallly running without a GUI the OS runs alot fast due to not having all that graphics running...but if you do need it i believe there is a built in linux command called Xwinow or Xwindows but may need to run Xconfigurator or something like that first to configure the windows

would you have a list of what linux related software I need to have loaded to get this to work.

and I am still getting the same error after the edit, the warning does not concern me ----
ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 5309.6702
Publish
Core: Unix environment detected
RandomImpl: SimpleRandom (Software)
OpenUO Error: Client files not found.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 1 warnings
Warnings:
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/PeerlessAltar.cs:
CS0472: Line 607: The result of comparing value type `System.TimeSpan' with null is always `true'
Errors:
+ Services/BulkOrders/SmallTailorBOD.cs:
CS0165: Line 87: Use of unassigned local variable `useMaterials'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Exiting...done

Yeah its GUI.. anything with a graphical interface for the user to use is a gui..which is what GUI is short for ..
As far as what you need package wise From my understanding is just Mono package..I'd say the newest and latest package of Mono...only need client files that server looks for ..not entire client... and the emulator..

As far as Error your getting for SmallTailorBOD... reads as if "useMaterials" is not being defined as to what "useMaterials" is.. i would try making sure you had the newest and latest ServUO SVN

Eliminate the small problems before assuming its a big one =)

Sorry I haven't been around John, I finally got a new machine and am in the process of setting up 2 boxes now. I'll keep trying to help as soon as I can. Hopefully you'll have it beat. Keep at it, you'll get it. There are some great people here.

would you have a list of what linux related software I need to have loaded to get this to work.

and I am still getting the same error after the edit, the warning does not concern me ----
ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 5309.6702
Publish
Core: Unix environment detected
RandomImpl: SimpleRandom (Software)
OpenUO Error: Client files not found.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 1 warnings
Warnings:
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/PeerlessAltar.cs:
CS0472: Line 607: The result of comparing value type `System.TimeSpan' with null is always `true'
Errors:
CS0165: Line 87: Use of unassigned local variable `useMaterials'

Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Exiting...done

You try to change that line.
Line 84
bool useMaterials;
if (useMaterials = Utility.RandomBool() && theirSkill >= 6.2)
to
bool useMaterials = Utility.RandomBool();
if (useMaterials && theirSkill >= 6.2)

After edits------
CS0128: Line 87: A local variable named `useMaterials' is already defined in this scope

I think 'useMaterials' variable is duplicated in CreateRandomFor of SmallTailorBOD.cs.
Show me your lime 80 to line 100.

Last edited:
Here is where I am at right now -------------

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5313.36300
Operating System: Unix 3.13.0.24
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.17020
Time: 7/20/2014 12:32:47 AM
Mobiles: 1
Items: 34
Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: libz
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Server.Network.CompressorUnix32/SafeNativeMethods:compress2 (byte[],int&,byte[],int,Server.Network.ZLibQuality)
at Server.Network.CompressorUnix32.Compress (System.Byte[] dest, System.Int32& destLength, System.Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.Compression.Pack (System.Byte[] dest, System.Int32& destLength, System.Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.WritePacked (Server.Network.PacketWriter src) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.Flush () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile (Server.Network.NetState ns, Boolean convertToViewer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Gumps.Gump.SendTo (Server.Network.NetState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Mobile.SendGump (Server.Gumps.Gump g, Boolean throwOnOffline) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Mobile.SendGump (Server.Gumps.Gump g) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Services.Toolbar.Core.ToolbarCore.SendToolbar (Server.Mobile m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Services.Toolbar.Core.ToolbarCore.OnLogin (Server.LoginEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>:invoke_void__this___LoginEventArgs (Server.LoginEventArgs)
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>:invoke_void__this___LoginEventArgs (Server.LoginEventArgs)
at Server.EventSink.InvokeLogin (Server.LoginEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DoLogin (Server.Network.NetState state, Server.Mobile m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers+LoginTimer.OnTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Timer.Slice () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 192.168.1.77: (account = Zak) (mobile = 0x1 'Zak')

ServUO is a fork to RunUO. Why it doesn't say that, no idea. But I got mine from someone who had a build file all set up to just run. The exe it makes is ServUO. I don't know beyond that.

How do I get the dll that is needed, and where do I put it?

After I did this ------------
sudo apt-get install zlibc zlib1g zlib1g-dev

MY SERVER IS WORKING. SO FAR IT IS STABLE. AND I AM WALKING AROUND IN IT. YES!!!!
(sorry for the caps, but I couldn't yell loud enough for everybody to hear me)

If anyone who would like to come in, please do.
Here is how----
ip#--192.168.1.64
port--2593
I am using client 7.0.10.3

Now I am thinking. Could a machine with only 256 mb of ram run this as long as I was not running a gui, and still support a staff and players? Can anyone answer this please.

Ok, I decided to add UltimaLive Map Streamer and Editor 0.97 and I got these errors ----

+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
CS0103: Line 1761: The name `BlockQuery' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 1763: The name `BlockQuery' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 1763: The name `m_PreviousMapBlock' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 2435: The name `BlockQuery' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 2437: The name `BlockQuery' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 2437: The name `m_PreviousMapBlock' does not exist in the current context

If anyone who would like to come in, please do.
Here is how----
ip#--192.168.1.64
port--2593
I am using client 7.0.10.3

Now I am thinking. Could a machine with only 256 mb of ram run this as long as I was not running a gui, and still support a staff and players? Can anyone answer this please.

Your IP address is private address, that assigned by access point.
Check your real IP address and set the port forwarding function.

When I try adding UOLive Map Streamer, I get this error. I am running ServUO under Ubuntu Linux 14.4 LTS with no gui.

+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
CS0019: Line 1761: Operator `!=' cannot be applied to operands of type `Server.Mobiles.UltimaLiveQuery' and `bool'
CS0019: Line 2435: Operator `!=' cannot be applied to operands of type `Server.Mobiles.UltimaLiveQuery' and `bool'

Hey John,

Do you mind posting the part of the code that has a flaw ?
I mean line 1761 and 2435.
Or you could attach your full PlayerMobile.cs file to the post. ;)

By the way, I don't think the issue is still related to a MONO issue. You might want to start a new thread ;)
(but I might be wrong :p )

-Rek-

I was just so excited that ServUO came back up, I thought it would be appropriate to post here instead of making a new one.

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    188.3 KB · Views: 2
I tried "true", "false", even "=", but still got errors with it.

I am beginning to think Ultima Live Map will not work under linux. if it doesnt, oh well. I didnt need 200 extra maps when I can hardly think of what to do with the ones I have got.

But it would be nice to have.

But did you try to replace with "null" ?

Code:
  if (BlockQuery != null)
  {
  m_PreviousMapBlock = BlockQuery.QueryMobile(this, m_PreviousMapBlock);
  }

I mean, in the IF block : it should be a null check imho.

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5316.30911
Operating System: Unix 3.13.0.24
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.17020
Time: 7/26/2014 7:06:06 AM
Mobiles: 2338
Items: 23423
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/jburns/ServUO/Saves/Staff Runebook/Rune Accounts.xml".
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity (System.Uri absoluteUri, System.String role, System.Type ofObjectToReturn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GetStreamFromUrl (System.String url, System.String& absoluteUriString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadTextReader (Int32 remained) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.PeekChar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.EntityResolvingXmlReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.DTDValidatingReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.DTDValidatingReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.Schema.XsdValidatingReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Joeku.SR.SR_Load.ReadData (System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Joeku.SR.SR_Main.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke (System.String method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Clients:
- Count: 0

Hey again !

That's another story. ;)

It probably comes from the Staff Runebook and the path on Linux.

Please try this :
First, find :
/home/jburns/ServUO/Scripts/Services/Staff Runebook/Main.cs

Then inside, seek for :

Code:
        public static string SavePath = "Saves\\Staff Runebook"; // "ROOT\..."

And change it to :

Code:
        public static string SavePath = "Saves/Staff Runebook"; // "ROOT\..."

Here's what I found on the web about this issue ;) :
The original code will create a folder named "Saves/Staff Runebook" instead of creating nested a folder named "Staff Runebook" within the existing "Saves" folder.

Good luck again :)

-Rek-

Here is the errors I get when the server crashes when the game is saving----------------

00:10:20 WARNING: Automatic backup FAILED: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.Move (System.String sourceDirName, System.String destDirName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Backup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save (Boolean permitBackgroundWrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Core: Using standard save strategyWorld: Savi
ng...Error:
00:10:20 System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/home/jburns/ServUO/Saves/Mobiles/Mobiles.idx" is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, F
ileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at Server.BinaryFileWriter..ctor (System.String filename, Boolean prefixStr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveMobiles (Server.SaveMetrics metrics) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.Save (Server.SaveMetrics metrics, Boolean permitBackgroundWrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.World.Save (Boolean message, Boolean permitBackgroundWrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save (Boolean permitBackgroundWrite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Commands.CommandHandlers.Save_OnCommand (Server.Commands.CommandEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle (Server.Mobile from, System.String text, MessageType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle (Server.Mobile from, System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Gumps.AdminGump.InvokeCommand (System.String c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Gumps.AdminGump.OnResponse (Server.Network.NetState sender, Server.Gumps.RelayInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse (Server.Network.NetState state, Server.Network.PacketReader pvSrc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive (Server.Network.NetState ns) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Crash: Generating report...done

Back