Hi all,

Just a quick one if anyone can assist. I'm running the latest ServUO and on my old shard, I could open the properties of an xml spawner and add text to the book which lets you add more text/variables? to the spawning item/mobile.

But when I close the book, it doesn't save the contents.

Attachments

• 2022-01-15.png
    2022-01-15.png
    718.4 KB · Views: 18
XmlSpawner's book content packets are using an older format, they need updated.

You can probably use the XmlSpawner in the Punlish 58 branch of the ServUO github repo, or try updating the book content packet handlers.

Hi all,

Just a quick one if anyone can assist. I'm running the latest ServUO and on my old shard, I could open the properties of an xml spawner and add text to the book which lets you add more text/variables? to the spawning item/mobile.

But when I close the book, it doesn't save the contents.
Hi Adam :)
If you happen to type something incorrectly in the entry, nothing will be saved.
orc/Name/Steven
Is not the same as
Orc/Nema/Steven

So doublecheck your syntax for spelling errors.
Should a long entry be problematic, add the entry in stages, closing the book in between additions to "save" the entry to that point.
orc/Name/Steven
orc/Name/Steven/Title/the Game Master.
Also, the latest ServUO has a broken Xmlspawner installation, so many of the Keywords no longer work, which could also be why your entries are not getting saved now.
;)

Thank you both.
Yea I tried formatting it in different ways, I vaguely recall in the past the main gump would close/reopen once you closed the book, but it doesn't happen in this latest edition.
I downloaded the xmlspawner folder from the pub 58 repository and added that it compiled ok, but same issue.

Thank you both.
Yea I tried formatting it in different ways, I vaguely recall in the past the main gump would close/reopen once you closed the book, but it doesn't happen in this latest edition.
I downloaded the xmlspawner folder from the pub 58 repository and added that it compiled ok, but same issue.
You will either have to drop back to Pub 54 or 57 (not sure if 55 or 56 exist), or wait until someone updates Xmlspawner for Pub 58. :(

Yea it's fine, I'm not running a shard, I just spent about 3 days converting an old 2.0 shard with a ton of custom things to the latest servuo.

Surprised I was able to do it.

Still pondering running a shard again.

Back