Fixed Can't spawn gargoyles

Asteria

Sep 4, 2018
Operating System
Windows
ServUO Version
Version 0.5, Build 7065.29984
latest repo, latest client. We just did a fresh install of servuo, with minimal modifications as I am currently slowly adding in custom content. Can't seem to find type gargoyle, it's shown invalid on the spawners and when I add in game it says no type found. I see the gargoyle script in my mobile files so i'm not sure why it's not working

manwitch

Jul 13, 2017
Type "[add garg" without the quotes and all option that start with garg will come up in the gump. Gargoyle is in the list on my shard, but it doesn't create any thing either. But gargoyle assassin and enforcer and the like all work.

Asteria

Sep 4, 2018
Strange though, what happened to regular old gargoyles? There are some spawners with them on it in the world creation that are in hythloth and such say invalid specification

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
as far as I remember it is blocked because the Gargoyle Race is the same TypeName, thought this was fixed a long time ago?

Asteria

Sep 4, 2018
strange, i only just downloaded my repo 2 days ago and we havent added much customs in yet, and nothing that would override this so far as i can tell (i could be mistaken though). just some basic deeds for weapons etc. any idea what could be causing it? if it was an issue before what was the cause?

Quasar

Oct 26, 2018
I downloaded a new copy last night and it also does not spawn Gargoyle. also in the main directory it has a file called bin that has never been there before, I will post a pic

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
that bin folder like the sub folders says is the binary folder for the roslyn compiler, thats what you use to compile the server in the higher c# language

Burner

Mar 24, 2013
Shard Name
Akara Essex
So - It seems it may be an issue with the new type searching from the higher versions of C# perhaps - But things that Used to target Gargoyle creature now reference: Server.Misc.RaceDefinitions+Gargoyle.
If you [add gargoy, and select Gargoyle from the list, add also gives: "No type with that name was found"
Post automatically merged:

Ok, so - I tried to set the framework back down, but still get the issue - I did find that my last merge was done on Feb 15, before todays. So the change is likely something between then and now

Last edited:

Asteria

Sep 4, 2018
i changed my gargoyles and respawned them all in the meantime because players were complaining that we were missing all the gargoyles in the world. it's definitely confusing it with the race definitions. i renamed the spawn regulargargoyle and spawned them and that works :p not the most convenient fix because we had to go around to hundreds of spawners, but at least we have gargoyles now.

Dexter_Lexia

ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
Shard Name
Alexandria
Donate
Donate money to this user
Have you mad any changes to XmlSpawner? Looks like it’s looking for the wrong namespace, ie Server.Gargoyle instead of Server.Mobiles.Gargoyle.

Burner

Mar 24, 2013
Shard Name
Akara Essex
I've got some slight mods to my xml spawner - but nothing that was changed between Feb and the recent merge.

But, it wasn't jus xmlspawner having issues - even using [add Gargoyle broke, and the findtype by name processes in one of hte scripts was pointing to the race definition too.
Post automatically merged:

Just Tested this in a FRESH install - and still unable to spawn Gargoyles --

Last edited:

Asteria

Sep 4, 2018
i don't believe so. like i said, i just got a fresh copy of servuo 6 days ago i believe it was. the only modifications i had made with xmlspawner was i did add in level items. Same as burner said, fresh install and can't spawn gargoyles

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
I guess one way to solve it would be to filter what gets put into the dictionary for the type names. So you can only add in like Server.Items.* and Server.Mobile.* or add in a check to see if it is constructable there

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Could this be from the Roslyn addition?

The script itself has not been touched in over a year. It also looks good at face value.

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
No I had the same issues, long time ago. But I thought it was fixed already so ..

Basically the issue there is that it is an dictionary, since a dictionary can only hold one value for a key. So since both classes are called Gargoyle they override eachother. So in case you would do a different namespace, you could add in like a new class called Katana, and then you could throw the dices to see which would be used now :p