I posted this on the CenterED+ Forums but I'm also going to post it here.
Okay, The server starts up fine.
But when I go to log in, I get some Errors...
When I click okay both times it starts CenterED+ but then closes shortly after.

Is anyone able to tell me what my problem entails to fix it?
Screenshot_18.png

Yeah they are stock. We are using a map made by Eriminator from uo-pixel.de if that makes a difference. Most of the art is custom for the map, Could that be an issue?
For some reason we couldn't get this map to open with regular CenterED so i tried to get it to work with Cent+ but got this error.
I was at least able to get the server to accept the map file after a few tries but got the error.

The only reason it would make a difference would be if there are hex values in the .xml's its looking for that aren't in your files. I know Eri's maps all use a ML client size files, did you setup the cedserver.xml with the right client flag for your client files?

XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="5">
  <Language>..\Language\English.ini</Language>
  <Port>2597</Port>
  <Map>
    <Map>C:\Cent\map1.mul</Map>
    <StaIdx>C:\Cent\staidx1.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>C:\Cent\statics1.mul</Statics>
    <Width>768</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
    <Format>0x00000000</Format>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>C:\Cent\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>C:\Cent\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
  <Accounts>
    <Account>
      <Name>jbob</Name>
      <PasswordHash>#########################</PasswordHash>
      <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
      <LastPos x="0" y="0"/>
      <Regions/>
    </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions/>
</CEDConfig>
I Wasn't Sure what to put for format or what it even was.

You should be able to just edit the xml where it says "Format" with the proper flag for your client files.

I changed the format to 0x0004 and i still get the errors. I tried all the other ones too.

That could have been the issue the whole time. I downgraded to Version 7.7 of CenterED+ and it let me in right away.

Thats really odd. Glad you resolved it though, I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm still using 7.7 myself....I wonder if thats a prevalent issue with 7.8.

I'm using 7.8, although I notice the Client shows 7.8 and the Server shows as 7.7. Not had any issue and am using a custom map now. Map0, client is 7.0.21, 896x512, and format is 0x0c.

Not sure if thats the same error I have got a few times or not, but access violation somthing.. I Seem to have resolved mine by running the client as Administrator, rather than just launching it. I have never had the error when I run as Admin, at least not yet.
Strange though, yes.

*Oh and,
My error was not right at startup though,. it would happen some time during just random map editing. *shrugs* maybe not related at all then..

Yeah..I did have the Access issues too. Don't remember the exact error but I also had to adjust Windows Firewall to allow communication from the Server to the Client for sending data to server I guess. I have gotten a random error that said if I kept going it might become corrupted but I was able to continue without problem. The message was a little vague so not sure what it was about. It only happened once and not again. I forgot about that. I had installed mine as Admin and had run both the server and the client as Admin so that wasn't an issue for me.

I don't know why any of you are using '0x0004' because it's not been implemented yet... the correct number is '0x0008' for anyone using a high seas client.exe version... if you're not using an HS client then you should enter '0x0000'. :)

This is a direct quote from the website:

0х0000
Old Data Format
Sets use of the old TileData.mul format. This format is used by the majority of clients, except the last.

0х0001
Pre-alpha Format
Sets use of an old format of the files art.mul, artidx.mul, staidx#.mul, statics#.mul. And also disconnects use of texidx.mul, texmaps.mul. This data format was used only in early pre-alpha the client.

0х0002
Use VerData
It is not implemented yet.

0х0004
Use DifPatch

0х0008
New Data Format
Sets use of the new TileData.mul format entered in a buster of "High Seas". This value by default.

0х0010
Use *.uop files

Attachments

• adev.uoquint.ru_images_sort_desc.png_98b25ebf78de9ce74c24de6de1fc17ea.png
    adev.uoquint.ru_images_sort_desc.png_98b25ebf78de9ce74c24de6de1fc17ea.png
    157 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:
Scroll down slightly @gametec, and you'll see which flag you should be using by client version. If you're using a HS client you should actually be using 0x000C. 0x0004 is for clients between versions 4.0.11d and 7.0.8.2. I'm sure 0x0008 may work, but telling folks not to use 0x0004, and/or TO use 0x000 is incorrect info.

I understand the discrepancy however I have to politely disagree based on my own usage of the program. I entered in 0x0008 in the configuration xml file using client 7.0.21.1 (a high seas client) and it works perfectly for me; consequently I just installed it today after resetting my system. I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong, but what I suggested worked for me so I can only assume it will work for other people as well. :)

I did see that other part, but I ignored it so I can't say whether it will work or not. However I can say without a shadow of a doubt that entering in 0x0008 will work with any High Seas client. Check your port numbers if it doesn't. I set mine to 2594 at first and it failed to launch, then I reset it to 2597 and I was able to log into CentreEd+... also remember to set your directories correctly as well.

Last edited:
It may work fine......till it doesn't. I'm not positive but I would guess there is a reason for using a particular flag for a given client. But, if you're having problems like JBob is/was then using the recommended flag might clear up any issues.

Back