Before I change any map files I can mine on "0x053b" (cave floor) tiles at location 2561, 486, 0 in Minoc Mines like normal:
ai.imgur.com_tVLLhfh.png

After I change my map files in Dragon and then in CentrED+, if I place "0x053b" (cave floor) tiles I can still mine in the exact same location 2561, 486, 0:
ai.imgur.com_XwZtE9u.png

HOWEVER if I place "0x053b" (cave floor) tiles somewhere where there was not a mine on the original map, I CANNOT mine them:
ai.imgur.com_4oRt3Kc.png

I was told StaticZ could help me!

Thanks in advance!

Lancet

Hi.
I don't see any problems related to CentrEd+. CentrED+ is just a map and statics editor which allows you to edit your map and statics and nothing else. The game responds to the server, however, so the solution of your problem lies not with CentrEd behavior but with yours scripts and\or their configuration. First of all, don't forget to update your .mul files on the server side too and restart it. Everything else depends on server software that you use. For instance, the server may contain some areas where mining is enabled and where not and so on.

Last edited:
Hi.
I don't see any problems related to CentrEd+. CentrED+ is just a map and statics editor which allows you to edit your map and statics and nothing else. The game responds to the server, however, so the solution of your problem lies not with CentrEd behavior but with yours scripts and\or their configuration. First of all, don't forget to update your .mul files on the server side too and restart it. Everything else depends on server software that you use. For instance, the server may contain some areas where mining is enabled and where not and so on.
Thanks for replying StaticZ! I've bothered a friend of yours on Reddit for ages now, I thought I would leave him alone now :)

I have noticed with CentrED+ that "0x053b" cave floor tiles, they are treated like a static object aren't they? I thought just their existence would mean you cold mine them.

Currently I am just experimenting using my own PC as the server. I have configured CentrED+ to update the five files (Map0, Statics, Radarcol, Staidx and Tiledata) in my C://Program Files (x86)/Ultima Online. But should my PC be restarted every time I make changes in CentrED+?

I am using POL scripts, which makes me worry, so I have asked the same question over at polserver.com, but nobody uses POL any more.
[doublepost=1464102698][/doublepost]
...we can mine while riding a horse??

make sure the tile ID is one of these from the list: https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/bl...ed7cba74a9c60f4/Scripts/Skills/Mining.cs#L382
You can mine while riding a horse on POL at least, I am not using RunUO :)

I will experiment with some of those tileID's you listed when I get home tonight!

Thanks for your reply!
[doublepost=1464102744][/doublepost]
Note that if you place a static with a cave floor itemid, it will allow mining.
Can you demonstrate what you mean more clearly for me?

I have noticed with CentrED+ that "0x053b" cave floor tiles, they are treated like a static object aren't they? I thought just their existence would mean you cold mine them.
I don't know it depends on yours client and mul files. CentrEd work with 2 types of tile - static and land (textures). As for mining as I say you have to look at yours server, I don't know how work POL and your scripts. As for RunUO it have tables of allowed static and land tiles to digger. Though, again it can contain some scripts which can disable harvesting in some areas. Sorry, I can't help you with POL as I don't know it.

Currently I am just experimenting using my own PC as the server. I have configured CentrED+ to update the five files (Map0, Statics, Radarcol, Staidx and Tiledata) in my C://Program Files (x86)/Ultima Online. But should my PC be restarted every time I make changes in CentrED+?
You shouldn't restart PC, CentrEd+ have no saving operation it save all changes in real time. Thats why it's impossible to get acces to files which it use. To do it you simply need to close CentrEd server.

I am using POL scripts, which makes me worry, so I have asked the same question over at polserver.com, but nobody uses POL any more.
Yes its seldom used, most popular is RunUO. RunUO is probably the best, its opensource, powerfull, much easy in work and debugging and it's written in full-fledged language that allows easy to work with code without any manuals and even knowladge (sure if you know C# language), thats why it become more attractive. And you are not right POL is still used on many shards, simply in most cases they are rather old and for this reason most of theme already made all they whanted.

From what I remember POL does use regions to mine and at least there was a bug where you also could mine literally everywhere.
Making someone able to mine on a horse is easy on runuo too :p you would just need to remove a check.

Now since you got issues with POL mining it would be better to get help at the POL forum, there should still be a few people around that can help. ServUO / RunUO are fundamentally different compared to it.

FIXED

Through countless hours experimentation I discovered you have to do this:

1. Open command prompt
2. cd to your pol folder root
3. starthere.bat
4. option e - (Build Britannia Realm)
5. option a - (Build T2A - UOSE Britannia Map)

Fuck you POL, give me my life back! :D

Looks like it use some pregenerated areas from muls for harvesting and maybe something else (ships movment maybe). So better dont forget to repeate this after any changes in map and statics..

not sure about Centred, never used it but you can do this command [add static 0x053b target to place and try mining it

Back