Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble getting CentrED+ working on my PC. Can anyone give me a hand? I load cedserver and after I put in my admin login and password it just crashed and closes.

TwilightRaven, is it generating a cedserver.xml file when you go through the setup process? It should be located in the PEBinaries folder of your installation.

Ok, without that file then it isn't saving your admin credentials anywhere which is why that isn't working. Did you go through all of the install steps? Where is your install located (directory path)? Is it in a location that is write protected, possibly not allowing the file to be created there?

Ok. So its generating the xml file but cedserver is giving me this error:

C:\CentrED+\PEBinaries>cedserver
======= CentrED+ Server [Version: 0.7.7 Build: 260] =======
Copyright: "UO CentrED" ver 0.6.1 (c) 2009 Andreas Schneider
: "CentrED+" version (c) 2013 StaticZ (uoquint.ru)
[19:54:16] Language loaded: English
[19:54:16] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[19:54:16] Initialization starting
[19:54:16] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[19:54:16] Initialization complete
[19:54:16] Bad mul files. Check map and file sizes.
[19:54:16] Shuting down...done
C:\CentrED+\PEBinaries>

Ok. So its generating the xml file but cedserver is giving me this error:

C:\CentrED+\PEBinaries>cedserver
======= CentrED+ Server [Version: 0.7.7 Build: 260] =======
: "CentrED+" version (c) 2013 StaticZ (uoquint.ru)
[19:54:16] Language loaded: English
[19:54:16] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[19:54:16] Initialization starting
[19:54:16] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[19:54:16] Initialization complete
[19:54:16] Bad mul files. Check map and file sizes.
[19:54:16] Shuting down...done
C:\CentrED+\PEBinaries>

Right here is your problem. - [19:54:16] Bad mul files. Check map and file sizes.

Hmm...I don't quite understand the chart. It looks like it is showing for one type of client.
Anyway, my client is 7.0.55.4. Is it possible to use CentrEd+ with that?

Whats the byte size of your map, statics and staidx files? Find that size on the chart in the "file size" column, and then look at what tile size the map should be in the "size in blocks" (I said the wrong thing above when I said "size in tiles") - thats the number you want to use in cedserver.xml. If this ends up being a uop file issue, then I probably won't be much help. I stopped updating my client pre-uop.

Hope this helps! :
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="5">
<Language>..\Language\English.ini</Language>
<Port>2593</Port>
<Map>
<Map>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\map0.mul</Map>
<StaIdx>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\statics0.mul</Statics>
<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
<Format>0x00000010</Format>
</Map>
<Tiledata>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
<Radarcol>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
<Accounts>
<Account>
<Name>ted_gress</Name>
<PasswordHash>adb293396a760cbffe622dd89032e8a5</PasswordHash>
<AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
<LastPos x="0" y="0"/>
<Regions/>
</Account>
</Accounts>
<Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

<Map>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\map0.mul</Map>
<StaIdx>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\statics0.mul</Statics>

You want these to say:

<Map>map0.mul</Map>
<StaIdx>staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>statics0.mul</Statics>

Those corresponding files need to be in the same exact folder as your cedserver.exe and cedserver.xml. That might be your issue.

Now it starts up, gives me the login, and shows a splash screen. Then the cursor goes for a little bit and it goes back to the login screen.

So you start the cedserver.exe and wait for the initialization to complete, then you start the CentrED-plus.exe and type in your credentials along with a file path to a set of corresponding UO files, the port and IP. Then what happens? It hangs and goes back to blank?

Try running it as an administrator and put compatibility to Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, or Windows 8
(maybe you have done this, but this is merely a troubleshooting suggestion).
Another reason could be that your maps are .uop and not .mul; I don't know if CentrED can edit .uop files yet.

I set it back to Windows 8 and it still just scrolls and says "Connection" at the bottom. It must be at least trying to connect to the server because if I change the port number it throws an error

In your case you are stuck with the wrong client version....

7.0.23.1 <- Last usable client with Centred+ !!!!

behind that it's a mess...Try to jump back to pre .uop :)

This will most likely solve your problem.

Could anyone please help me about this error? I didnt have any clue what this is :S

======= CentrED+ Server [Version: 0.7.9 Build: 270] =======
: "CentrED+" version (c) 2017 StaticZ (uoquint.com)
[13:31:32] Language loaded: English
[13:31:32] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[13:31:32] Initialization starting
[13:31:32] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[13:31:32] Creating: Cache, Tiledata, Indexation, RadarMap
An unhandled exception occurred at $0045A83B :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
$0045A83B
$0044BA2F
$0044B546
$0041CAFF
$00401C38