hey guys, i have tried everything i can think of to set up CentrED on my server yet i keep getting the same error... i have even transferred my whole CentrED folder from my personal computer (which works) and i get the same error. it says it cant open the UO directory.. i have given full control of the folder to all users, made it NOT read only, moved the folder to different areas, reinstalled CentrED a million times, changed ports, changed map sizes, im running out of clues. Hope someone can help..

CentrED Error.jpg

I'm no expert on this but here are a few ideas. Are you running CE+ as Administrator? Check your Firewall settings and make sure that it isn't blocking communication between CE+ and CE+ Server. I remember having an issue with that at one point. Don't recall receiving the unable to open error though. Maybe User Acount Control(UAC) settings are blocking it. Lastly, try moving the folder to a place off the desktop and see if that helps. Good Luck!

Your server is trying to open a directory as a file. Im at work and on my cell, but check out my CED+ tutorial in the tutorials section - should help.

Hey guys, tried following the tutorial step by step and doing it exactly how you did but it says, "Unable to open file "map0.mul"...im guessing maybe my folder i transferred to the server is corrupt?

The UO files need to be inside the same folder as the .exe file, not inside a folder in the folder where the .exe is. Hopefully that clears it up. I'm in chat if it helps.

Yeah I put all the files in the binary folder with cedserver.Exe. it doesn't seem to like the files I have. It can't open them.

Hrm hrm. Can you upload your cedserver.xml thats in your PEBinaries folder? Should be in the same folder as the .exe and the UO files.

That's the problem though haha
I can't even get the initial set up done because it won't read my files. Had to bring it up in Command Prompt so I could actually see what was failing because when I tried to do the initial setup (several times now) it would just shut down. I did exactly like in your tutorial. All required and extra files are in the PB folder with the Exe but it just says it can't open map0.mul

7.0.15.1 it would fall under the 0x000C version, correct? It all works on my personal PC. transfered my entire UO folder to my server and just can't get it to go.

It might have to do with a registry key or something?

Try installing the CED server directly to your server from their site, and then just import all of the UO files and run the setup.

Edit: Yea, thats the right client version for that client number

Did you download it onto your PC, install it, and then move the installed folder on to your server? Or did you download it onto your server, install it there, and then add the UO files? If you did the first, try the second. If you did the second, I'll need a cup of coffee. :D

Lol yeah I downloaded it onto the server itself. I was gonna try to see if maybe I needed a fresh download to try again but the sites down.. :/

Try using this and see what happens.

User: Apocalypse
Pass: password

Edit: plop it in the same folder with the .exe and Uo files

Attachments

• cedserver.xml
    663 bytes · Views: 110
No clue. For some reason it just wouldn't generate the .xml for who knows why. Glad that worked though!

Back