This is one of the best uo map editing software available!
I use it quite literally on a daily basis to work on my custom map and let me honestly say that the results are purely amazing.
Easy to use controls, simple layout and in my experience very stable. I can not Thank StaticZ enough for taking CentrED+ to the next level for map makers!

I made a video tutorial on how to Install and Setup the Server for CentrED+.
The video is available in 720p and 1080p.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
StaticZ said:
As for installer some notes that maybe can be useful:
1) you can force set installer language by running it with parameter /LANG=ENG /LANG=SPA and others (it can be sometimes useful if someone use OS with foreign localization)
2) installation process some differs if application is already installed
3) You don't need to type all values in server - in brackets are default values if you just push enter it will used, otherwise what you type, also you can use not complete paths ( "..\" - this mean up folder, or you can simply drag and drop file on cmd window)
4) One of the most common error is trying share mul files for server with other programs like client or Fiddler
5) If someone will want to repeat configure step need either to edit profile or to delete it...

Last edited:
I followed your steps exactly it creates the xml file but the server window closes then when I try to open it again it opens for a second then closes again. I've tried using all compatibility modes and I am running it as an admin. I am using windows 8. Any help would be appreciated.

I followed your steps exactly it creates the xml file but the server window closes then when I try to open it again it opens for a second then closes again. I've tried using all compatibility modes and I am running it as an admin. I am using windows 8. Any help would be appreciated.

What size is your map, and what size did you enter in your xml?

To prevent console application to close run it from CMD or by BAT file this way:
START/B "C:\centred-plus\cedserver.exe"

In most cases, problem is printed befor application will be terminated, so it's not hard to understand what kind of problem exactly you get.

And by the way all this is written on projects wiki with most common errors and description of installation and confugaration both - client and server.

Okay got it to run with bat. Here's the error " Loading MapAn unhandled exception occurred at $00424636 : EFOpenError : Unable to open file "C:\CentrED+\PEBinaries\map.mul"

So is this "map.mul" Supposed to be "map0.mul" ?

Okay got it to run with bat. Here's the error " Loading MapAn unhandled exception occurred at $00424636 : EFOpenError : Unable to open file "C:\CentrED+\PEBinaries\map.mul"

So is this "map.mul" Supposed to be "map0.mul" ?
Most of important info is written:
awww.kachalka.com_images_txv8adq6szfxi7izutn.png

Check paths in config, check files..

StaticZ updated CentrEd+ with a new update entry:

Version 0.7.8 released

Version 0.7.8
=============
[C] Bug #184: Transitions from the random-list
[C] Bug #199: Bug at tile choice in toolbar after starting
[C] Bug #259: Settings reloading
[C] Improvement #185: Slow tile loading
[C] Improvement #188: Drawing pre-view for multi-objects
[C] Improvement #260: Color lighting*
[C] Improvement #261: Icons of virtual lighting

* As original client use specific coloring (for example thin colors cause reducing light level, but not it brigtness) it's hard to make similar...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PS Descriptions of file configs formats will be updated on wiki soon (today-tomorrow)

PPS By the way, in next UCS release this hardcoded tables for lighting colors will be make configurable, so it will be possible to use any colors you whant in client...

Last edited:
Hello!
Do you know where I can find a complete GUIDE (or tutorial) to the use of CentrED Plus?
It would be really useful! Thank you!

Hey Rhaw,
did you check Hanks Video? The Handling of CED+ and CentrED is similar in many aspects, so a tutorial for centrED might help you as well. For the finer aspects I recommend reading a lot in the forum and it'll just come naturally to you. :)

Thank you Klab!
I have just seen the video and it opened a new world to me but..... it... is..... turkish.........
I am looking for something in English (or maybe spanish?). Well... I can't believe no English speaking dude ever did a tutorial for CED +...... :'(

Thank you Klab!

I am already after that poin, altrady installed and already using :)

If I may ask...
1) I don't see the link to the german video :'(

2) in the turkish video, the guy is building his home in an empty screen, not on the client map. How does he do that?

2) I have a stupid HUGE problem! I made all my experiments today with CentrED+. I made it point to a folder on my desktop with all the files (copies) it needs (NOT pointing to the client folder's original files). Ok. At the end I had an almost acid pink trinsic. :D.
When I decided I had made enough experiments I closed CentrED and CHANGED all the files in the desktop folder, using the original files.

BUT... I open CentrED and again trinsic is all PINK!
(In the original client Trinsic is normal)
I closed and opened CentrED+ many times but nothing.... Trinsic is still pink....

HELP???? :'(

Sorry, forgot to post the link but I'm off my pc now. Should be one of the first hits if you type in "centred tutorial" on Youtube! :)

OK, I looked at the site, and several of the links posted, but I must be blind or stupid. How does it connect to my ServUO Server? Are there files I have to add to my ServUO folder for it to expect a connection from Centred+? Am I supposed to use Centred+ instead of Razor and the UO Client? Here is a picture of how far I got: CentredWindows.jpg

I got it loading now. Watched the tutorial video, and set it up so it runs, but each time I try to move around on the map more than a few times, I get an error:
upload_2015-4-7_16-56-0.png

if you installed then deleted it and or reinstalled it, just check this

Not sure if this is the same problem i had but \ ( got same Error at startup LOADING WINDOWS GROUP )

turn on show hidden files and on your harddrive

go to your C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\CentrED-plus

and delete your saves here and try again use the cedserver.xml from site so your user name is admin and no password
put file in PEBinaries and then start server and set login info to match xml file info

getting this program started is ?!a stupid process!? to many chances to make one grammatical error and throw the whole process
but once done its amazingly fun

I had to tweak it, but it sort of worked. I think one of the problems was that it was NOT creating an .xml file in that folder. I deleted the Profile, like you said, and restarted the server, accepting the defaults, and it was able to create the cedserver.xml file then. I then modified it outside the folder, deleted the one in the folder, then moved my copy back in, and it works like a charm now.

Thanks.

no worries just passing it along

"Some days it's just like a hand forming right out of my computer screen, and smacking me right in the face". -Anybody whoever touched a keyboard

LOL

hey!

I was checking your map editor but i couldn't find any backlash about these errors. is it about my files or... what? thanks.

ai.imgur.com_mAJK1a3.png

ai.imgur.com_nUtPQt8.png

ai.imgur.com_ClV0MIy.png

my guess is wrong map size in the xml file

or maybe you do not have all the client files in the folder you directed to the editor
they should be the same folder your maps are in
make sure your paths are the same in the CedServer xml & the Cedplus login menu

these are the required .mul files
animdata.mul
animinfo.mul
art.mul
artidx.mul
hues.mul
light.mul
lightidx.mul
radarcol.mul
texidx.mul
texmaps.mul
tilledata.mul

and of course
# is the map number
map#.mul
Staidx#.mul
Statics#.mul

if youve installed Ced+ before, you may want to delete the hidden folder in appdata that crashed mine

Last edited:
1st error ocuired while loading tilesentry.xml soo error is there. Most probably some tiles that are described there are missed in yours client, I supposed the problem is with HS ships.

The CED+ site has been down since only about 4pm yesterday, hardly earth shattering.

I posted the installer on the other thread that you posted the same question on.

i'm loooking for centred + but uoquint is down... can u help me?
and between size 896*512 and 768*512 doesn't work :/ i use 7.0.41 but i have mul and UOP :/

ok works, thanks!
one question: i have a custom map but i love zento or heartwood or ter mur and i would like copy this city on my custom map.
how can I do??
I read the tutorial to copy and paste entire regions but if I load my custom where I copy Zento, heartwood ter mur?

Last edited:
If your files are in MUL format you can use UOFiddler to copy a section of one map to another map.
These are the instruction m309 gave me a while back and they still work great for me! (Thanks m309!)
m309 said:
Fiddler works best. In the map tab just go to "Misc" and then select "Map and Statics Copy", point it to the directory where the map is you're copying from. You'll be copying "to" the map located in the Fiddler directory you're currently viewing. Enter the coords you want to copy, and the coords you want it to copy to (remember to use coords divisible by 8) and then it generates new .mul files in your output directory.

If you just want to save the Cities you can copy them into the dungeon area of your map if you have any space left. (The far right side of your map that is all black) If you want to save the entire tokuno and ter mur facets you may be able to squeeze them onto a trammel/felucca sized map but you would have to go through all the code for those facets and change it to be on the one map.

You should make a new thread that is specifically about this if you have more questions, be sure to give as much detail as possible. This thread is about Crentred+ which can only copy/move areas on a single map at a time. (from my understanding)

Back