I have zero idea what modifications have you done to your asset files and how. So This may be due to multiple things Sometimes people tend to mix old files with new clients and doesn't update file lengths properly. Or do all sorts of different copy/paste asset actions and in the end corrupt files. Get yourself clean installation of the uo client and start from there maybe? :)

That name comes from tiledata so something is wrong with your tiledata probably. Do you have mul and uop files mixed in your client folder? Maybe you have different contents of those art mul/uop files and depending on application it picks up different files?
uop only Animations
1705589919315.png

Are those art files from other client what modifications have you done to original client assets? Something went wrong and you just have to revert to previous backup and start again :)

Are those art files from other client what modifications have you done to original client assets? Something went wrong and you just have to revert to previous backup and start again :)
This is a client of a long-closed shard and I decided to look into it
Apparently I'll have to transfer all the graphics from this client to mine :)

Last edited:
looks like wrong flag value for centred+ configration. Which client files are you using? And what have you set in your centred cofnig?
client of uo.com
conf:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="6">
  <Language>..\Language\English.ini</Language>
  <Port>2597</Port>
  <Map>
    <Map>D:/dreams/map0.mul</Map>
    <StaIdx>D:/dreams/staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>D:/dreams/statics0.mul</Statics>
    <Width>896</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
    <Prefix>0</Prefix>
    <Format>0х0010</Format>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>D:/dreams/tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>D:/dreams/radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
  <Accounts>
    <Account>
      <Name>tj</Name>
      <PasswordHash>5da01edba</PasswordHash>
      <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
      <LastPos x="1423" y="1691"/>
      <Regions/>
    </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions/>
</CEDConfig>

Try format 0x18 I never remember which is right :) but I think this should be fine for files from one of the latest clients and after 7.0.35.x

This really depends on the client version. So if you have older client you may need to experiment with 0xC, 0x18, 0x0 or other values. If those are non standard files then it'd be nice to know from which exact client version files were taken and if all are from the same file. You don't use uop?

Try format 0x18 I never remember which is right :) but I think this should be fine for files from one of the latest clients and after 7.0.35.x

This really depends on the client version. So if you have older client you may need to experiment with 0xC, 0x18, 0x0 or other values. If those are non standard files then it'd be nice to know from which exact client version files were taken and if all are from the same file. You don't use uop?
[02:17:17] Language loaded: English
[02:17:17] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[02:17:17] Initialization starting
[02:17:17] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[02:17:17] Initialization complete
[02:17:17] Bad mul files. Check map and file sizes.
[02:17:17] Shuting down...done

latest client version 7.0.98.1

client of uo.com
conf:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CEDConfig Version="6">
  <Language>..\Language\English.ini</Language>
  <Port>2597</Port>
  <Map>
    <Map>D:/dreams/map0.mul</Map>
    <StaIdx>D:/dreams/staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>D:/dreams/statics0.mul</Statics>
    <Width>896</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
    <Prefix>0</Prefix>
    <Format>0х0010</Format>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>D:/dreams/tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>D:/dreams/radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
  <Accounts>
    <Account>
      <Name>tj</Name>
      <PasswordHash>5da01edba</PasswordHash>
      <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
      <LastPos x="1423" y="1691"/>
      <Regions/>
    </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions/>
</CEDConfig>
1710837392005.png

[02:17:17] Language loaded: English
[02:17:17] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[02:17:17] Initialization starting
[02:17:17] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[02:17:17] Initialization complete
[02:17:17] Bad mul files. Check map and file sizes.
[02:17:17] Shuting down...done

latest client version 7.0.98.1
Use uop instead of mul for map and it should work with 0x18. 0x1C also works.

Apologies - I am quite noob. What I mean is.

I have now edited map0LegacyMUL.uop - Just added one or two items to new haven. I have a fresh servUO instance that I would like to load up and just check to see that those changes reflected correctly ingame.

Is this possible right out the bat or am I being a bit doff?

Copy the edited uop file and replace both the server and client side versions, They both need it to see the changes, this is presuming you loaded and edited a standalone set of the UO Files!

If you have UO Installed and didn't mod the config file, the server is using the UO Files iirc, I'm working on old knowledge, I am more the scripter around here than the art guy! When I was dabbling in this I would have a folder for editing files, than I would copy those edited files to my UO client which the shard/Server was using and to my players so they could patch their clients!

So i have one more issue - apologies.

I must have changed a setting or something on the app. The server loads but when the app loads I can't see the UI anymore - the server however reports that it is connected.

Have tried reinstalling.

Not sure if I messed with a setting that has done this? Error attached.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
  • xml.png
    xml.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 5
  • server.png
    server.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Check running apps in details of task manager probably you have not fully closed centred server instance process still running. Also don't share server files with client files. So you should make a separate copy of map+statics for centred server.

Guys I litterally don't know what I'm doing wrong. The server keep saying that is unable to load the .uop file.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 182730.png
If I run it without a cmd administrator level, i get this: 1711391430996.png
If I run it with a cmd WITH administrator level I get this: 1711391478058.png
In both scenarios, i get an error.

My Client Version is: 7.0.101.2

Back