If I want them to start on a custom map that I add, like:
AddMapDefinition(34, 34, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //Lost Lands

How would I edit what file to send them to that map?

assuming tha map is added to mapdefinitions.cs you would set the starting loc in charactercreation.cs.cs near the top is a line

private static readonly CityInfo m_NewHavenInfo = new CityInfo("New Haven", "The Bountiful Harvest Inn", 3503, 2574, 14, Map.Trammel);

edit accordingly.

Last edited:
yes I did. here it is.
RegisterMap(99, 99, 99, 7168, 4096, 0, "Lands For Staff", MapRules.TrammelRules);
could you paste your city info line from charactercreation.cs

also not sure if it matters, but I would try to take the s[paces out of the map name.

I can teleport to it, work on it, run around it. And it shows up on the teleporter list.
Are these the lines you are talking about?

private static readonly CityInfo m_NewHavenInfo = new CityInfo("Welcome Area", "New Player Welcome Area", 3103, 202, 0, Map.LandsForStaff);
private static Mobile m_Mobile;
public static void Initialize()

yea that was the line I meant, if you can get there every other way I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped. I'll try a little google-fu and see what I can find

okay, try this.. sin charactercreatio.cs set the newhaven line back to default
, and find line 733 of default file

CityInfo city = GetStartLocation(args, young);

newChar.MoveToWorld(city.Location, city.Map);

change the second line to suit your map. could try calling it by number rather than by name I suppose if it still won't compile.

Last edited:
if the maps.cs addition fixes it then yes, i believe so. But I'm just going off my best guess. I think UltimaLive addresses that

Compiled fine without changing the line back in CharacterCreation.cs.
Just made a new character, it looked like it was going to freeze, but then *poof* new character on selected map where I wanted it.

Thanks
its working.

And I will recompile the server when I add new maps to Map.cs, just in case.

And I will recompile the server when I add new maps to Map.cs, just in case.

Just a thought, but you may go ahead and creat a few copies of your existing custom map, register those, recompile once. then edit them later and add hooks to actually get the char sent there if you choose to, or just make sure no one can travel to them and ignore them, players would only really need to download one map until you change them again. then no server recompile needed.

Just a thought, but you may go ahead and creat a few copies of your existing custom map, register those, recompile once. then edit them later and add hooks to actually get the char sent there if you choose to, or just make sure no one can travel to them and ignore them, players would only really need to download one map until you change them again. then no server recompile needed.

Not a bad idea. Good thought there.
Thanks.

Another question, I am getting this message "your client is outdated, please upgrade to client version 7.0.46."
How do I change this? Or at least make it "null".

Back