I recently set up a local server, and I'm running the enhanced client.

When I run around my character just stops for about a half-second then continues (holding right-click). This is replicated on two different accounts and two different computers (same server code, but running the server on two different computers). The weird thing is that this issue completely goes away when I toggle the Staff Orb and go into Owner/GM mode. I can run around smoothly with no random stopping.

This issue does not appear to involve the surrounding environment, only the player character.

I really have no idea how to solve this issue, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

My apologies if this is the wrong forum section!

Last edited:
Are the accounts your using to test this all staff accounts? If they are this is most likely being caused by fastwalk prevention kicking in after switching from staff to player. Make sure [SpeedBoost command is off before switching from gm to player mode and it will stop this from happening.

Fast walk preventions stop players from moving faster than they are supposed to.

Are the accounts your using to test this all staff accounts? If they are this is most likely being caused by fastwalk prevention kicking in after switching from staff to player. Make sure [SpeedBoost command is off before switching from gm to player mode and it will stop this from happening.

Fast walk preventions stop players from moving faster than they are supposed to.

I tried the owner/admin account and two player access accounts and had the same issue with all accounts. I also tried [speedboost off (showing speedboost has been disabled) before toggling back to player status with the orb, and I continued to have this problem.

I appreciate the reply though!

I should also note that the stutter seems to be more prominent when changing directions, especially rapid changes in direction. It appears to be much less frequent when moving in a straight line.
Post automatically merged:

Problem solved!!! Yessss. Thank you, Visam, for your help. After thinking about your advice some more, I decided to try turning off the Fast Walk Prevention in PlayerMobile.cs, and it worked! For populated servers this probably isn't a good solution, but I created this local server for my dad (he doesn't like to play games with other people lol), and since he will be the only one playing, I'm not worried about people using third party programs to exploit this.

So happy now. He's flying home tomorrow and the server / game will be 100% ready for his first Ultima Online (offline) experience. :)

Last edited:
Back