Hi guys, been a while since I last had my server up.

I have just uploaded what I thought was the server and the UO installation I used for my server.

But in player houses you fall through the floors. Any suggestions?

You can check that if you run the server and it tells you what client version it runs.
ServUO.png
Or when you run the client.exe . Also if you just moved the ultima files make sure to set your datapath.cfg to point to the files.

ok, I don't have a restriction on it, the datapath is working. because I can log on.
I have had this before when I first started but I cant remember how I got round it.
I have a lot of unused tiles too. probably from an newer version.

I would say like pyro said probley your server is pointed to say c:/games/ea games/ mondain leagacy.. which you say you are connecting so then I would say that your razor needs to be pointed a another folder with your client files. So in my razor when I start it up in I have a copy of my game client in same folder named c:/games/ea games/mondains legacy . So that is what I have in my razor when it starts up. Server and client files must be the same and same patch version . Hope this helps

thnx guys. both server and local games are both the same.
I did start many years ago with the SVN server. and everything was fine. I closed it last year, but now I have larger server space I restarted it, and that's when the problems have started.

can anyone helps with this, its getting me annoyed.

I have put on a fresh new server, complete with the game from this site and started.

Even with a fresh install my characters still fall through the steps and through the floor of players houses.

Did you try running the server as administrator? What client version are you running? Can you also show your DataPath.cfg?

Starting in Administrator. But here is my data

using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Win32;
using Server;
namespace Server.Misc
{
public class DataPath
{
/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
* or wish the server to use a separate set of datafiles,
* change the 'CustomPath' value.
* Example:
* private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";
*/
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic";
/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
* Multi.idx
* Multi.mul
* VerData.mul
* TileData.mul
* Map*.mul or Map*LegacyMUL.uop
* StaIdx*.mul
* Statics*.mul
* MapDif*.mul
* MapDifL*.mul
* StaDif*.mul
* StaDifL*.mul
* StaDifI*.mul
*/
public static void Configure()
{
string pathUO = GetPath( @"Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0", "ExePath" );
string pathTD = GetPath( @"Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0", "ExePath" ); //These refer to 2D & 3D, not the Third Dawn expansion
string pathKR = GetPath( @"Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\KR Legacy Beta", "ExePath" ); //After KR, This is the new registry key for the 2D client
string pathSA = GetPath( @"Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic", "InstallDir" );
if ( CustomPath != null )
Core.DataDirectories.Add( CustomPath );
if ( pathUO != null )
Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathUO );
if ( pathTD != null )
Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathTD );
if ( pathKR != null )
Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathKR );
if ( pathSA != null )
Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathSA );
if ( Core.DataDirectories.Count == 0 && !Core.Service )
{
Console.WriteLine( "Enter the Ultima Online directory:" );
Console.Write( "> " );
Core.DataDirectories.Add( Console.ReadLine() );
}
}
private static string GetPath( string subName, string keyName )
{
try
{
string keyString;
if( Core.Is64Bit )
keyString = @"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\{0}";
else
keyString = @"SOFTWARE\{0}";
using( RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey( String.Format( keyString, subName ) ) )
{
if( key == null )
return null;
string v = key.GetValue( keyName ) as string;
if( String.IsNullOrEmpty( v ) )
return null;
if ( keyName == "InstallDir" )
v = v + @"\";
v = Path.GetDirectoryName( v );
if ( String.IsNullOrEmpty( v ) )
return null;
return v;
}
}
catch
{
return null;
}
}
}
}
[doublepost=1482084307][/doublepost]run as admin still fails. I can go up the steps, I can open the door, but as soon as I got to step in I fall through the steps

Back