Found a pretty big bug
[doublepost=1475904145][/doublepost]use [createworld to spawn the new town loyalty system

go to Britain as a staff member

spawn a few ballet boxes.

Delete them as staff since no actual way to remove them

restart your shard

the Britain town stone is THERE but can not [props or interact with it.
[doublepost=1475904209][/doublepost]Even on hover over the stone it will not show a name.
[doublepost=1475904594][/doublepost]ALL city stones are now bugged if you add a ballot box then delete it. (When I did all this testing I had set my Loyalty to Britain even as staff)

Delete ANY ballot box (since no other way to remove) and all stones freeze. Can not click them, no context menus, no [props

Also on a fresh install staff can not access town stones. Will say "must be a citizen" (staff should not matter I would think)

Another question:

Are the angry rioters in yet?

[doublepost=1475936926][/doublepost]showwwwwww.png

So while messing around on a player char - I turned in my first order to Slim the fence. When that happens it should award 1 point to the smuggler title. I do see it keeps track of that. The problem is it also counted it as if I had turned it into a City Trade Minister, which Slim is not.

Not a big deal just pointing it out.

Last edited:
The ballot box issue, I cannot duplicate this issue. Please check your console for any errors and post them. As far as deleting the ballot boxes, you can use the "Open Inventory" context entry on the stone to remove them. I have no idea what this entry does on EA, so I made it access the placed ballot boxes.

On a shard with actual players and items, not a fresh startup, simply add the boxes through the stone, then delete them as staff and it "freezes" up the whole system. Just when you double click the stone it dosent do anything. Add two delete them try to add another delete it and the system just kinda locked up.

No errors were thrown and it didn't crash, just had to revert saves.

Yes.

Then even did a restart and stones still wouldn't function.
[doublepost=1475940692][/doublepost]I fixed it now but simply doing a quick revert of saves and I won't do that again, just pointing it out.

Well, it shouldn't do that. For one, its not doing it on mine, albeit I probably don't have the item count that you have. Regardless, item count should have nothing to do with this. This functionality is independent from anything else. Even functionality of the stones have nothing to do with ballot boxes, and vice versa.

Look for errors when the server restarts.

I got it to bug out again
[doublepost=1475941035][/doublepost]join a city as staff.

Create 3 ballot boxes and delete them by hand.

SAVE

RESTART SHARD

Stones are there but now do nothing.

Could you also log on my shard? I will make you staff quickly and show.

162.251.70.50 2593

NO ERRORS ON CLIENT

Trying now
[doublepost=1475941882][/doublepost]So it did not throw an error but all the stones are now gone from the world
[doublepost=1475942046][/doublepost]Let me run a despawn and respawn then try to break it again
[doublepost=1475942085][/doublepost]That did it!

Now the ballot boxes do not break the stones.
[doublepost=1475942132][/doublepost]Tried a few different ways of deleting and restarting and saving and could not get it to bug out again on me.

I will keep working on trying to break things.
[doublepost=1475942179][/doublepost]I also have a real life Uo friend Zhuge KE who was the governor of Minoc on Atlantic for about 6 months. I ICQed him today. I will ask him what that option does. I know it will be word of mouth but he may be able to point in the right direction.

Sorry, I had to run. Good that worked, let me know if there are any other issues! Also, any info would be great regarding accuracy. The biggest questiones I had was ballot box placement, and what that inventory entry does.

Also in castle BLACKTHORN there are special seats at the main table. They do events that the developers include the governors in. Those seats can only be sat in by someone holding office.

Just a small role playing feature :)

Sit in the Governor Designated Seating
  • See specific Shard Event Moderators for a schedule of when council meetings occur

http://www.uoguide.com/City_Loyalty

Also when a player accepts office to governor how come their title dosent change example from Baron of Yew to Governor of Yew?
[doublepost=1475945869][/doublepost]Here are the seats and table

Governor.png

I can implement the mechanics, but I figured I'd leave the event stuff up to the shard owners. The rioters:trash etc was a limited event, so I didn't even bother.

Oh gotcha! Didn't know that about the rioters.

I know governers always had the title governor but maybe they set it themselves.

Back