I am having a problem getting the server to be public and accessible from outside IP addresses. I have followed the setup tutorial and forwarded the correct port. I also have tried every variation of the ip/domain I could think of. I can connect locally and get in game and run around. When connecting from an outside ip I get to shard selection and then the game disconnects and I get the whole "client could not attach" nonsense. Any help would be appreciated because I have been smacking my head against the wall and google for the last 6 hours.

Hello Drenaline,
first of all the current Port which your System uses should be found in the Scripts/misc/SocketOptions.cs (Default 2593).

You have to forward that Port to your Computer in your Router (Port Forwarding) AND you have to open that Port in your Firewall, you can do that with the following Command Line for example:

netsh firewall add portopening "TCP" 2593 "RunUO"

after that it should work!

With your server running- use this port check tool http://canyouseeme.org

Also as Marcel suggested have you forward that Port to your Computer in your Router (Port Forwarding)
Which you will need to login your router online to add the information

Last edited:
One last idea, your serverlist.cs script is set with the correct ip?

Found this on runuo some one who was having a problem for quite some time- this was his fix

****My fix worked for me... I feel kinda silly so hopefully this works for you and we all feel silly together!

I'll start from the top. I was having the same issue as many of you were and I scoured the internets to try many different options and flavors. I even tried changing 3 files at least 10 times each with no results. Here is what ultimately fixed tis issue for me. Below is my working Serverlist.cs file, but that's not the only thing I needed to do. Go into your RunUO directory where the RunUO.exe file is. Once there right click the file, go into properties and set this file to "Run As Administrator" don't apply yet! Under that setting there is a box for "Change setting for all users" Click that and make sure you run this executable as admin for ALL users... Done... If this works for you feel free to give yourself or me the implied double facepalm. I know I did...

The run as admin thing didn't affect anything. Do you have a link to the serverlist.cs file the quote is mentioning?

Thanks. I have no idea what is going on. The computer the server is on can connect to other servers and has hosted minecraft servers previously on the same port. Something in here is blocking outside connections just to ultima online.
[doublepost=1464679534][/doublepost]Okay!! We fixed it. The problem was that the guy I get the VM from uses abnormal internal ips. Runuo's internal ip scanning was missing the proper ip in the serverlist.cs file so it was only treating the server as a private one. Thank you guys for your responses.

Yea, the IP's were all set properly. It was buried down like halfway in the middle of the script on the bool that checks whether or not the server is using a private server. It has a list of maybe 7 different ranges that are all common internal ips, 192..., 168..., 100.69.... My internal Ip was 100.14.0.1, which is lower than 100.69.0.0, so it skipped it.

Back