I recently wiped my computer, i backed up all of my UO files and i recently have been trying to reinstall my client. But I'm having issues, the one i had simply wouldn't update. And the new client from the UO website doesn't work with my sever.

It doesn't read my user data that i carried over.

I get no errors when compiling, and the server runs fine except for a couple details, when it starts i see the command prompt telling me "client files not found". And when i log on, i can only stay on for maybe a minute, then razor crashes. But the server never crashes it stays up and runs fine.

Also i noticed a lot of the npc's including my character was naked.

So i assumed i dled a client that was not compatible with the server, so i uninstalled it, but i cant find a SA client. I remember having to change where the client looked for its update to get my old one to work. But i don't remember the specific details. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure your DataPath.cs is pointed properly. Also, if the server runs fine but you still see "client files not found" in the console, this is probably from OpenUO. You can set the client path for this file within the server core files, you'll just have to recompile afterwards.

The naked character issue I believe is separate. I remember seeing something about it somewhere on RunUO.

Yes the naked issue seem's to be solved when the server itself is updated to the newest runuo download.

I may need to update the server with the current repo i believe i am behind. I think that may be the reason i cant use the newest client.

If your asking if you have the newest client will HS work- if so then no- the server needs to have all the scripts in it. Now ServUO does contain SA and ML :)

Latest UOClient + ServUO Server = Perfection.

Can't go wrong man.

And ... If your feeling crazy put Vita Nex Core in there... Yeah, that is gorgeous LOL..

It should! I am not 100% sure? I have had 0 Issues with Vita Nex Core or ServUO in any scenarios! :)

Testing it out if your just wanting to start a server and stuff is the best way to find out xD

Ok so basically what is happening is i need a client that has the expansions on it. My server is trying to load armor and cloths etc that my client simply doesnt have. Anyone have a client with those expansions?

Are you running Runuo? if so what version are you using? Pretty sure that Runuo only works up to a certain client patch if this is the case you should search runuo for some answers :)

Back