Really enjoying learning how to setup quest with this. So, I've played around and figured out how to get items to spawn on 'custom' mobiles through an XMLSpawner.

I know there is a COLLECT command for the quest system. IE:

/Objective2/COLLECT,diamond,10/Description2/Collect 10 Diamonds

Is it possible to collect a NAMED item?

For example, let's say I spawned an item named: The Sparkle through XML using this:

/ADD,0.05<diamond/name/The Sparkle/Hue/60/>

Is there a COLLECTNAMED command (or something like it?) Just trying to avoid to having to make a scripted item, restart the server, and then using it.

When collecting specific items (something named), you have to be careful, because if you set it up wrong, any item with that name will count (a player could rename a pet to that name and bingo, it would work), but yes there is a COLLECTNAMED keyword:
Code:
COLLECTNAMED,Item Name,ItemType,Quantity
Example: Collect Tom's Fork
Code:
COLLECTNAMED,Tom's Fork,Fork,1/

AWESOME. SAUCE.

So, as long as I have the ItemType in there (defining that the actual item is), I should be ok? If I need something called 'The Sparkle' and I spawn it as a diamond named The Sparkle, then as long as I have:

COLLECTNAMED,The Sparkle,diamond,1

It HAS to be a diamond item named that, right? They couldn't use a pet in that case, correct?

See, that saves me from having to take the diamond script, copy it, change the classname / item properties, and restart the shard to have a new item. I can just do it in here.

I honestly don't know why I didn't try to use this system on my last shards. It makes things SO much easier. You know how long it took me to figure out how to add items to mobiles (scripting), all the trial and error, etc... when I can just use and /ADD command on a spawner!?! LOL

I wish there were places where people would make quests and share them for this system. Seems that would be a GREAT way to have people import quests and such.

See, that saves me from having to take the diamond script, copy it, change the classname / item properties, and restart the shard to have a new item. I can just do it in here.

I honestly don't know why I didn't try to use this system on my last shards. It makes things SO much easier. You know how long it took me to figure out how to add items to mobiles (scripting), all the trial and error, etc... when I can just use and /ADD command on a spawner!?! LOL

Yes, it does save time, but I do still create scripts, even for absolute, simple items, just in case. I'm not saying you have to, I just think it is good practice, plus the more you work with scripts, the more comfortable you will get with coding.

I wish there were places where people would make quests and share them for this system. Seems that would be a GREAT way to have people import quests and such.

Well there is an Xmlspawner section in the forums: https://www.servuo.com/forum/releases.82/
I have released a few things, but alas, not many submissions have been uploaded.

Back