To start off, I need to make it clear. I'm running a custom server (no real core mods) but a lost of custom content, so upgrading to the newest distro isn't really an option for me (unless I want to spend a week or two migrating code). So I'm sure all that is missing is just an update from the newest distro to get VNc to work. I just cant identify where the update is. If someone can point me to the update I need to merge into my server please let me know. Here is the compile errors when using VNc.

So obviously I need the class IDamageable, just not sure where to find it.

Code:
Errors:
+ Custom Systems/VitaNex/Extensions/Server/RegionExt.cs:
    CS0246: Line 232: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 391: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 391: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 457: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 527: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom Systems/VitaNex/Items/Throwables/AtMobiles/Fun/HauntedMomento.cs:
    CS0246: Line 34: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 251: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom Systems/VitaNex/Modules/AutoPVP/Objects/Regions.cs:
    CS0246: Line 81: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 228: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 228: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 298: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 374: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Custom Systems/VitaNex/Services/Notoriety/Notoriety.cs:
    CS0246: Line 162: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 207: The type or namespace name 'IDamageable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I'm not sure if this is the end of the errors but it's a start...

IDamageable can be found in the following Server/Core files:

Interfaces.cs
Mobile.cs
PacketHandlers.cs
Packets.cs
Notoriety.cs
Region.cs

You'll also have another 100+ locations in your Scripts folder to update after that, anywhere it is called or inherited.

Your best option is to download or clone the most recent package in full, open it in VS15 or whatever you use and then search it. If your file structure is similar to stock ServUO you could always try a merge/compare program like Beyond Compare, WinMerge etc (your core files should be identical in structure, with the exception of the Gumps folder depending on how long ago you forked).

Yea, the IDamageable implementation is a serious headache, but I don't think Dexter could have done it any other way really.

There is a less in-your-face way to fix this in VNc and that would be to write

#undef ServUO

at the very top (after headers, before using references) of the offending VNc scripts.

The code should then compile in RunUO mode, since RunUO doesn't use IDamageable.

I'm so happy I checked back here before starting, I already constructed the complete list of files to change... I followed the above suggestion and it worked beautifully... Thank you thank you!
[doublepost=1484723618][/doublepost]So everything is still working fine as far as compiling but now there is another error. (love them errors) when I approach an XML spawner that is supposed to spawn the trash vendor the server crashes. Here is the Crash Log. ( i did try using xmlspawner to mass re spawn in case it was just a bad mobile, but that also caused the same crash)

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VitaNex.Network.ExtendedOPL.Apply()
   at VitaNex.Mobiles.AdvancedVendor.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   at VitaNex.Mobiles.SkillBookVendor.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   at Server.Mobile.get_PropertyList() in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Mobile.cs:line 9615
   at Server.Mobile.get_OPLPacket() in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Mobile.cs:line 9593
   at Server.Mobile.SetLocation(Point3D newLocation, Boolean isTeleport) in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Mobile.cs:line 9961
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.SetLocation(Point3D loc, Boolean isTeleport)
   at Server.Mobile.Move(Direction d) in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Mobile.cs:line 3381
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Move(Direction d)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.MovementReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1720
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 187
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in k:\Ultima Server\Server\Main.cs:line 577
[doublepost=1484723732][/doublepost]I wonder if it might be because previous i was running in ServUO mode, then when I upgraded I'm now running in RunUO Mode.

Last edited:
Back