ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Time Of Legends
Hey folks,

I have been running a ServUO server for a few friends and my kids for a while now. I used the ServUO-57.zip download and have not made any alterations, save for reducing some of the spawns.

We have been playing long enough that some of us have maxxed out our skills, or at least should have. My son grinded out a 7X GM character, and accidently discovered we can exceed the 700.0 skill cap. He decided to swap a skill out, set the one he didn't want to go down, set the new one to up and dropped gold on a trainer and trained the new skill to 32 or so. The other skill did not go down, so now he has 732 skill points and started gaining right away.

The PlayerCaps.cfg file reads:
# Sets the default total skill cap. Since skills have a decimal value
# they also need to have a decimal value added to their skillcap
TotalSkillCap=7000

# The total stat cap
TotalStatCap=225

When I logged in with the admin account and [props on his character it shows the SkillCap as 19000. I have manually changed this to 7000 as well as tried the - [global set SkillsCap 7000 where playermobile - command and in both cases it works, but only until he logs out and back in. I have checked the other players and they are all showing SkillCap as 19000.

Does anyone have an idea what on earth is causing this? It's driving me up the bloody wall!

Back