Anyone want to answer an easy question?
I am following the tutorial Getting started with ServUO. All went well up to step 2.1.

When I try to log into the game for the first time I get this message.

"couldn't connect to ultima online.
Please try again in a few moments."

It would seem I am the only person to have this problem because I can not find the solution any where.

Are you connecting on the same comp which the server is on and if so using 127.0.0.1 for the ip?
If not could you explain what you have done so far- with IP address --datpath- checking the port and such?

Are you connecting on the same comp which the server is on and if so using 127.0.0.1 for the ip?
If not could you explain what you have done so far- with IP address --datpath- checking the port and such?

yes. Same computer and using 127.0.0.1.

If this helps.
I can log on to other shards with no trouble. Using razor.
the only difference now is rather than there IP, I use the IP 127.0.0.1

oh and by the way. Thank you for your help.

ok; This is what I have done thus far.

I am using a mobile hot spot for all my internet because I spend 99% of my time on the road.

1/ I have found where to set port forwarding on the hotspot.
It asked for IP and port.
2/I set port forwarding at IP 127.0.0.1 port 2593.
Then reset the router (my hotspot)
Setting port forwarding to those settings made no difference.

Last edited:
When you run the server -check the window to see if your seeing any error about the ip address

Try you local LAN IP instead of the 127.0.0.1 local host. If you're using the same computer as the server for logging in with your client, port forwarding shouldn't matter for a local connection.

What IP address does the console show when it starts up?
[doublepost=1487429079][/doublepost]Also, make sure there isn't a local firewall in place too.

When you run the server -check the window to see if your seeing any error about the ip address

Run the server?
Do I need to turn the server on somehow? Before logging on as admin?

I know very little about running a shard. Which is at the base of the problem I think

I have turned off the firewall until this problem is resolved

Correct you need to have the server running in order to login the server :)

Forgot to mention you will need to run the Compile.EXE win (for windows) to compile the server
Once done you can run the servuo exe to load up the server- it will then ask for you to create an account- so type in account name then you will create your password

Last edited:
Major progress !!!

I now learned I need to run the server before logging on.

1/ I ran the exe for the server,( major learning curve here).

2/ Started razor, logged on as admin, attempted to start new character. Then... Lost connection.

The first attempt was amazing!! I was in haven and saw my character. Very cool.

3/ However, I lost connection instantly and saw the little "lost connection gump".

I consider this a major step in the right direction.
[doublepost=1487434221][/doublepost].Here is some info from my consol

As I mentioned, I loos conection instantly as I log in.

config:warning, using defult value for datapath.custompath

restricting client vertion to 5.0.8.3. action to be taken LenientKick

servList 166.137.246.45

Listening: 169.254.76.157:2593

Listening: 169.254.65.82:2593

Listening: 192.168.1.24:2593

Listening: 169.254.101.79:2593

Listening: 127:0.0.1:2593

Bummer for sure :) ok so your client is very low for ServUO did you want this low of a client? The newest patch client would be around 7.0.55.4 or 7.0.56.0 maybe- you would go into your "Game Client" look for the UO Patch- double click this and allow it to patch up to the fullest if this doesn't work go here http://uo.com/client-download/ download the Classic Client- you may have to still patch up this one not sure :)

Also I wanted to check with you - if you went into the Config Folder
and added inh DataPath.cfg your game client there
you would remove the # add your client path

and for Server.cfg
you can leave auto detect- true or change the address below (ip)

I have been in UO from around 2005.
Why the client is very low I have no idea. I have the latest client fully patched from Broadsword. Aswell as a few different clients from some free shards also. :)
I am not used to working with files however. It seems I need to do something with the data path in the config file? as you just mentioned. I will try that and see what happens.
This is a major learning curve, so far it's a blast. Thanks

If you get clients from various different shards, then they could be any version. I know in the short time that I have been playing around with my friends on our little one, I've used clients:

7.0.44.0 - 7.0.57.1. (And there may be more after that, not sure.) You'll just need to make sure that the version you are running for your shard is the same as the client you are using. Best way do to that is get the client to the version that you want (either by patching or downloading a certain one) and them make a copy of it that, that your datapath points too.

Be sure with razor there are 2 places which you need to post to your higher game client- if you don't it will search for one to choose :)

Ok. let me know if I have this right.

I need to past this into the config data file.

C:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\Ultima Online Classic

That is the path to client 7.0.57.1

What needs to go in front of the "C:" ? in my attempt to fix things I lost that info and the data file is blank. :)

You will see this in the datapath.cfg CustomPath= add the information here :) remove the # before the CustomPath

conection lost 2017 2.png

I have also pointed razor in to places, first to the client then to the data file. I will test a few more times but this I think was done right.
what you see in the picture is the best so for since last night.
[doublepost=1487459434][/doublepost]I just found the crash reports... does this help any?

I cant seem to download it so I will copy and past it.
Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 6258.24438
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.18444
Time: 2/18/2017 10:51:01 PM
Mobiles: 955
Items: 5177
Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'zlibwapi64': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Server.Network.Compressor64.SafeNativeMethods.compress2(Byte[] dest, Int32& destLength, Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality)
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.WritePacked(PacketWriter src) in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Network\Packets.cs:line 2966
at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.Flush() in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Network\Packets.cs:line 2925
at Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile() in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Gumps\Gump.cs:line 479
at Server.Mobile.SendGump(Gump g, Boolean throwOnOffline) in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Mobile.cs:line 7363
at Server.LoginEventHandler.Invoke(LoginEventArgs e)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DoLogin(NetState state, Mobile m) in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 2580
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.LoginTimer.OnTick() in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 2372
at Server.Timer.Slice() in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Timer.cs:line 410
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Dad\Documents\My Shard\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 569

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = exiled) (mobile = 0x3B9 'test')

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'zlibwapi64': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Van, ran into this problem myself. Thankfully, they had already covered it in this thread:

https://www.servuo.com/threads/new-zlibwapi32-and-zlibwapi64.6527/#post-42127

Make sure you have the files (which if you are using the latest SVN, you should) and then download the latest runtime listed on that thread. (May need a restart...?) and you should be good.

Van, ran into this problem myself. Thankfully, they had already covered it in this thread:

https://www.servuo.com/threads/new-zlibwapi32-and-zlibwapi64.6527/#post-42127

Make sure you have the files (which if you are using the latest SVN, you should) and then download the latest runtime listed on that thread. (May need a restart...?) and you should be good.
I'll give it a try...
If this works I'll run down the road yelling ServUO is awesome.

ServUO is Awsome.png

YES... I'M in. This is very cool.

Thank you goes to;
Milva
Nadious

I ran through the streets of Havan yelling SERVuo is awesome. :)

Oh ya... make that post a stickie...

Back