Hi, how hard is it to make a "true" UO shard? By true, I mean with every single NPC, quest etc intact as they were in the real thing. I tried this using another program but found it was hard to do even with certain repos because only one NPC spawned. Thanks in advance

Well, firstly it depends on what era and client version you are aiming for. You'd have a better shot at building a "true" UO shard with older versions (client versions). Most of the repos floating around that I know of (RunUO/OrbUO/ForkUO/ServUO) are accurate up to Stygian Abyss. I know that not all SA content has been created, so that's probably where you would want to stop (right before Stygian Abyss).

After that, it's just a question of setting up your shard and the World Spawner takes care of most of that for you when you use it.

What do you mean by "created"? Also, I have client version 7.0.10.3. Finally, which one is best for spawning a world/what distro should I use? Tried one from RunUO (can't remember the name) but it only spawned a single NPC, no-one in the houses/town hall etc. Thanks

By created, I mean that the "freeshard community" has not coded all SA content yet, so you won't be able to run a full-fledged, "true" UO shard that's running SA. Most of the repos available online come with Spawn Maps. The ServUO repo is pretty accurate (as far as spawning the world).

Back