Hello everyone, I've been working on a problem for weeks and can't get a solution to it.

I would like to use the last client for a small project with an old map from UO ML. Unfortunately the whole thing doesn't seem to work because Centered doesn't really work.

Now I have built with an old client the version is 7.0.23.1 which I have downloaded here. : https://code.google.com/archive/p/download-client/downloads?page=2

The client works wonderfully with CentreD. But then not in the new one I wanted to play with. Okay, now I have said then let's just use the same one we build with to play. However, there I have the next problem.

As soon as I create a character, it has a robe animation on it. This doesn't go away either with admin commands or with throwing away. Delete new characters. I have now taken the data files from the 7.0.23.1 client in the ServUO server and used them to play. But this ROBE won't go away.

I once recorded a video on my drive in a rar file that you are welcome to watch.

I would be really grateful for any help.

If your body value is 987 (gm) then change it to 400.
(edit)
Just watched the video - no idea how that's happening!

Try to [props the robe in your paperdoll and see exactly what item it is we're dealing with.

The graphic in-game is a gargish robe which does appear as a plain robe in the paperdoll when put on by a staff character.

When i Props the item nothing happened. No gump opens. and this ugly robe is not shown in the [viewequip gump . i dont understand this

1611682445958.png this two Gargish Robes has
in DRESS Tab this Gump1611682505613.png

when i klick oin them these infos show up 1611682653491.png

In Animation Tab in Fiddler i dont find the 0x0156 so i klick on show new animations and this shows up
1611683382361.png

thats in body.def but i dont know how it works with the def files and what they do
1611683507101.png

Just a shot in the dark, inspired by an old post by Hammerhand:

See if you have an EA Games folder at
c:\Users\"your name"\Local\AppData\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles(x86).

and if so, delete it.

It can be also a graphic problem.
Client do not read black and white. If an anim is completely white or completely black [or just a part of it], you see through like a glass

Just a shot in the dark, inspired by an old post by Hammerhand:

See if you have an EA Games folder at
c:\Users\"your name"\Local\AppData\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles(x86).

and if so, delete it.
Dont have this folder.. :(

It can be also a graphic problem.
Client do not read black and white. If an anim is completely white or completely black [or just a part of it], you see through like a glass
i do nothing with this client i download unzip and connect to my server. The Newest client works fine without the robe bug.

Can anyone download and test the client ? I think there was mad some modifikations and thats the failure.

i realy want work on other problems and resolve this one to come forward with the serrver.

has anyone another Download to 7.0.23.1 Version of Ultima Online that i test another one ?

View attachment 17572 this two Gargish Robes has
in DRESS Tab this GumpView attachment 17573

when i klick oin them these infos show up View attachment 17574

In Animation Tab in Fiddler i dont find the 0x0156 so i klick on show new animations and this shows up
View attachment 17575

thats in body.def but i dont know how it works with the def files and what they do
View attachment 17576
0x156 is not 156 :) The 0x indicates it's hex value so 0x156 is 342 in decimal. In bodyconv that is mapped to anim5 342 and in mobtypes.txt flag 10 000 indicates that animation is in AnimationFrameX..uop files.

At the moment UOFiddler can't read AnimationFrameX.uop.

At the moment UOFiddler can't read AnimationFrameX.uop.
Okay thanks for explaining me. But what do you want to say me with the AnimationFrameX.uop file ? fiddler can extract them too or is that inpossible or useless? What can i do for fixing this freakin error ?

Okay thanks for explaining me. But what do you want to say me with the AnimationFrameX.uop file ? fiddler can extract them too or is that inpossible or useless? What can i do for fixing this freakin error ?
For now you won't be able to see animation that is in uop in fiddler. I will try to add at least read option to show those animations in next weeks but my time is a bit limited.

As of servuo problem I can't help much as I don't use it much. I was able to run servuo pub57 with clean 7.0.23.1 and mentioned problem does not exist there :) Which version of servuo are you using?

Ok. It is something with never servuo. Looks like it is mismatch with hair layers or whatever is added. As I choose hairs but my character is created bold with that "robe".
Post automatically merged:

I can't edit my previous post so typos stay. :(

After few tries with latest ServUO version it looks like there were some changes to packets (?) and version 7.0.23.1 does not render hairs properly instead adds weird items. On pub57 it's fine. I'm not really sure what was changed. I only vaguely remember that older clients support is being dropped. Maybe someone with more knowledge can help here.

Last edited:
Hey many thanks for your help! So theoretically I don't need an old client. My problem is actually that I only want to include one UO ML map in the new client. I don't really need more. Unfortunately, somehow you can't either. Because Centered doesn't work. But if we could manage both that I can use the latest client with the latest ServUO version and my old map.
Post automatically merged:

Hey many thanks for your help! So theoretically I don't need an old client. My problem is actually that I only want to include one UO ML map in the new client. I don't really need more. Unfortunately, somehow you can't either. Because Centered doesn't work. But if we could manage both that I can use the latest client with the latest ServUO version and my old map.
if that were possible then i would be damn happy even if i lost 3 weeks because of the mistakes :(

Last edited:
Is it even possible to use the latest ServUO server + the latest UO client (incl. ClassicUO) with a map from UO ML? To do this, we would like to build and decorate with CentrED and map a little. I've been sitting there for 3 weeks now and have no more ideas why it doesn't work.

Which setup do you all use?
I think some of you have custom maps too? How did you get everything working with the latest versions?

I would be really grateful if someone could help me.

Much is due to my old UO ML Map0.mul and the associated files.

The client can read the map nicely, but unfortunately not CentrEd.

Back