Hi everyone, how do we get folks to update their client to see my custom items/maps ?

Searched Google a lot and really cannot find anything that let me add the files i want them to get when they come on my server.

Thanks !

You need to create a patcher for them to download and have it available for them to download- this would be the changed files which you created and they replace these files in their game client (so basically your giving them all your changed files)

I've seen some shards just package up their own client as an installation package and make that available as a download. UO Renaissance does this.

Agree! Many just rar up the files then have their player base extract them to their game client to over-write. :)

Thanks, at the start of RunUO, they had a tool that let you place somewhere your files and it encrypt the client to auto check if there was updates. So basically all i had to do is update the files i had modified and at loggin it was auto patching. But talked with another guy and it doesn't seems to exist anymore with all new encryption.

But i will do it manually :)

Back