With the closing of playuo and runuo I can not find any guides on map making for UO.
I don't want UOFOREVER I just want to make new custom maps added to the client.
I need some links to find out information to the following things:
how to make a map from scratch.
how to add the map to the client without taking out old maps.
how to put in static buildings that are not editable in game.
how to make a custom client in order for players to have a new client with all this in.
how to create new animations.
how to create and add new items and mobiles into the client without removing or replacing old ones.
how to make a custom patcher for a new custom *added to* client.

any help is better than none. thank you all.
and please with all the other forums going down KEEP THIS ALIVE!
we really do need it. I feel like 90% of the player created content went into the dump when runuo went down. 10000s of scripts and guides/tutorials/maps/custom at all gone.
keep the private server alive guys! thank you!

how to make a map from scratch.
-> Use CentrEd+
how to add the map to the client without taking out old maps.
-> Use UOLive, but support has been finished. so some errors can occurred on your server. ( Not recommanded. )
how to put in static buildings that are not editable in game.
-> Use UOArchitect and freeze the area. it'll be saved in your UO Client (which is defined for server) folder.
how to make a custom client in order for players to have a new client with all this in.
-> You can code for clients with programming languages.
how to create new animations.
-> Use UOFiddler with adobe's powerful application, Photoshop.
how to create and add new items and mobiles into the client without removing or replacing old ones.
-> Use UOFiddler with adobe's powerful application, Photoshop.
how to make a custom patcher for a new custom *added to* client.
-> Use UOS's Package system.

the problem I have with that reply... its veague. come from the stand point of someone who HASNT edited anything graphic wise EVER.
you have pointed out resources yes and thank you a ton. but the point in asking for a guide is because I'm sure I don't just paint something and BAM its in game.... its way more than that. and you have not explained that part at all. I already knew I needed photoshop or gimp. I needed guides because like ok for a MAP
I need textures and altitude and something else but have NO CLUE how those work. so please I need guides as to how these things work.
I'm not asking for a handout of completed work. I'm literally asking for education.

again though thank you for what you did provide. I just need way more. I need to learn...

It's plain and simple:

Centred+ allows you to edit / create a map, from scratch or not, depends entirely from you.

All the rest points things that allows you to modify the map or items, sounds and the rest.

You should consider that not all the people here have done such a work.

In my server, for example, we've done some work...like this: http://www.uoitalia.net/novita-estive-uoireborn.html

I've published a script in RunUO that allowed you to make the changes automagically for the entire map, but there is other work you'll have to do.
A translation table allows you to convert land to STATICS, and of course statics to LAND in the process of making transparent water in game.

But this has some implication, you should distribute ALL of your work to the players with an installer, OR you should make use of something like UltimaLIVE (UOLIVE) to make these changes ON-THE-FLY.

It's not all that easy, you have to make some studies yourself.

Centred + is a good way to do the Map work also can place Static houses / Buildings with it.

About the Animations / items i am still to stupit for it but it is done with UOFiddler.

Patcher: I programmed my own Patcher with Visual Studios which connects to FTP compares a file on Client side with FTP side if the Version line doesn't match it starts download of the file which doesnt match with the Version.

Without Codeing Skills // a Team with those skills i see there almost no way for you to do all this work.

Back