I'm working on some new quests that are of a tutorial nature, they require the player to equip a weapon or hit a training dummy. Problem is, we've only got KILL, KILLNAME, etc as quest objectives. I usually get around this by making a fake condition that can never be met and changing the description.

So the quest objective would be COLLECTNAMED,CHEATER,1 and the description would be something like /description1/Go to this weird location/

The the NPC I return to would complete the objective with SETONCARRIED/completed1/true

In my current quest, I'd like for a quest to be completed when the player equips a weapon, it's a non specific weapon, just any base weapon.

So I have this as the condition

GETONCARRIED,*,baseweapon,true,visible=true & GETONCARRIED,Arming Up,amount=1

My question is, how can I mark the objective as complete when they put the weapon on? Checking for the condition works fine when talking to an NPC whos looking for it, but I want to have that objective as Complete when it happens. In the future I want to do this with other things, like if they buy a weapon or if they reach a certain skill level.

TLDR
How can I SETONCARRIED/Completed1/true without the player triggering something? IE Equip a weapon, Reach a Skill level, Hit a Training Dummy.

@tass23 <3

I'm working on some new quests that are of a tutorial nature, they require the player to equip a weapon or hit a training dummy. Problem is, we've only got KILL, KILLNAME, etc as quest objectives. I usually get around this by making a fake condition that can never be met and changing the description.

So the quest objective would be COLLECTNAMED,CHEATER,1 and the description would be something like /description1/Go to this weird location/

The the NPC I return to would complete the objective with SETONCARRIED/completed1/true

In my current quest, I'd like for a quest to be completed when the player equips a weapon, it's a non specific weapon, just any base weapon.

So I have this as the condition

GETONCARRIED,*,baseweapon,true,visible=true & GETONCARRIED,Arming Up,amount=1

My question is, how can I mark the objective as complete when they put the weapon on? Checking for the condition works fine when talking to an NPC whos looking for it, but I want to have that objective as Complete when it happens. In the future I want to do this with other things, like if they buy a weapon or if they reach a certain skill level.

TLDR
How can I SETONCARRIED/Completed1/true without the player triggering something? IE Equip a weapon, Reach a Skill level, Hit a Training Dummy.

@tass23 <3

Without using an XmlQuestNPC or an Xmlspawner, you can't complete an object without using one of the keywords. In general terms, you could have an Xmlspawner set to the proximity range that would cover that entire map area (I don't know how stable of an idea that is once you started getting into the double digits) and it would trigger no matter where the player(s) are/were located. You could also use temporary quest objects to create specific items that would "disappear" after the quest was complete.

I suppose I'll use a spawner to check the conditions with a wide proximity range, in this particular quest, it's not that big of a deal since the place where you buy the weapon is directly behind the npc.

My other question was how can I use attachments (if needed) to detect the use of a training dummy (or any item really)

My other question was how can I use attachments (if needed) to detect the use of a training dummy (or any item really)
Some items are easier to intermingle with Xmlspawner. Items with uses, give you the opportunity to override the use on the item and you can change it to increase/decrease an attachment value or even increase/decrease a stat or skill. As a rough example, we played around with egg harvesting as a skill. The tool being used to harvest the eggs had an override on the use that increased the Egg Harvesting skill on a successful harvest. As for detecting the use of a training dummy, you'd need something that "watches" for successful hits, like a nearby Xmlspawner or an XmlQuestNPC.

Back