Hi All,

Long time lurker : )

I am writing a few scripts which will tie in with the current date, i.e month start/end for MOTM, st patricks day, 12 days of xmas, easter.

Are there any scripts out there that anyone could point me in the direction of which I could have a look at before writing something from scratch, I have a large script library from runuo/servuo/closed servers but cant seem to find any examples. The only one I can think of was the Monster of the Month system but i seem to have misplaced my copy lol

The idea is im looking to automate everything that the players experience so more time can be spent on developing cool stuff and to avoid the wrath of "You said x system would go live on this date and its 3 minutes late"

Thanks

So are you just looking for help with kicking your event off at a specific time or are you wanting help with the event itself?

If you are knowledgeable with C# it would be quite simple to have your event generate on a DateTime. I'm new to ServUO but off the top of my head I would:
  • create an "EventRegistry" class where your events can register to start/stop on specific dates and time
  • create an interface (ITimedEvent) for your events, with abstract Start() and Stop() methods
  • find a place to regularly call the EventRegistry class to check for events that need started or stopped, could be during server saves, or even just a System.Timer event
Hope this helps!

Thanks, I spoke to Dan on disco last night and will try to implement it using the SeasonalEventSystem, coding it up as we speak : )

Back