Does anyone have pandora's box working with latest .uop files?

ParanoiaPhD

May 2, 2019
California
www.iceyou.org
Shard Name
Central USA
Just curious... Will pandora's box ever work for the latest version of uo and servuo? I spent a while trying to get it to work and it wont... Tried converting muls to uop and stuff like that... LOL it behaving the same as it did 8 years ago... but back then I could actually get it to work. I'm hoping that someone has figured this out and is willing to share because I'm a little burnt out and could use a boost. :)
Post automatically merged:

So... When I start up pandora's box 3.0.0.5 it opens to the loading screen of the girl looking into a crack in a box and never changes. It never asks me to tell it where my uo directory is.

So I also checked in %APPDATA% C:\Users\maste\AppData\Roaming\Pandora's Box 3 and there is no profile being created in there...

Any idea how to get it to ask me were the uo dir is?

Last edited:

ParanoiaPhD

May 2, 2019
California
www.iceyou.org
Shard Name
Central USA
I use this one with no problem https://www.servuo.com/threads/pandoras-box-3-download.794/ follow the link for the converted UOP folder-add this in your game client folder. Run Pandora as admin if needed.
I tried this but Pandora's Box just lingers in the "Loading..." state. I have a feeling some how I screwed it up some how now it will never work. I think I need to delete some kind of registry key or some folder somewhere that has a config file SO that it will ask me where UO client is installed.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Try adding the converted UO folder in the pandora box folder also -just to see if it still gives the same error. Also on the exe -click properties to see under security-if its set to allow pandora? Other then this maybe delete, download and add under program files or desktop just to see if it will then load.

Reactions: ParanoiaPhD

ParanoiaPhD

May 2, 2019
California
www.iceyou.org
Shard Name
Central USA
I did accidentally drop the mul files onto travel.exe and it opened up with the maps (wasn't working before kept asking for uo directory and would crash when I gave it the directory) but pandora.exe continues to stay at the loading screen for hours. I also always test new programs on my desktop so that's where it was. I tried installing it into the uo directory and this made travel agent work but not pandora.

I'm really starting to think there is a registry file or some kind of config file that got messed up when I tried installing an older version. Have tried searching the registry for the reg file without much luck as the find function in reg edit is severely limited.

This got it to work!13565

YYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

135668 years since I've seen this...

Last edited:
Reactions: Regnak