1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donations for ServUO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m309, Jun 25, 2014.

1. m309

Admin Moderator ServUO Developer

As most of you know the Forums were down for some time last night and today. Thankfully Milva got a hold of Insanity and he was able to get them restored without any loss of data. Without going into too much detail (Insanity can explain further when he returns if he wishes) Insanity was injured a while back and is still recovering, the accident left him unable to type comfortably - if at all for the time being. As you can imagine this has put not only a physical, but likely mental, and certainly financial, strain on him and his household.

ServUO has always been driven by the community, and will always continue to be so long as we all keep it progressing forward. In order for that to occur we all need to contribute if and when we are able to the continued maintenance and upkeep fees associated with hosting, upgrades, etc. Not to sound cliche, but even a dollar or two can go a long way - especially when there are 593 members, even if only 1/3 of them are using ServUO currently. The current cost to keep ServUO running is roughly $42 per month. That's less than 8 cents per member, per month. If we all donated $5, ServUO could theoretically run as is for nearly 6 years.

If you run a shard that accepts donations and claim that those donations are spent on server/shard upkeep, then consider donating back a few dollars a month that your players have donated to you if you use the ServUO code. The continuation of ServUO by all of us will only make all of our projects that much better in the long run.

Anyway, enough of my rant. Please consider donating to the project if you're so inclined so that we all might benefit from its prolonged existence.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 2
  2. Milva

Admin Moderator

I agree any help from the community to help keep these forums up and running is always "appreciated" I will be donating myself again first week of July even if it will only be $ 5.00.

• Like Like x 2
  3. xG00BERx

xG00BERx Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  4. Milva

Admin Moderator

"Thank You!" to all who help with a donation to your community :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. jase giffin

jase giffin Active Member

6. Milva

Admin Moderator

I would like to bump this post as a reminder to keep these forums going any little bit helps :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Dian

Dian Active Member

Me Too!

Any word from Insanity on how the transfer went??

8. m309

Admin Moderator ServUO Developer

I don't think it actually went anywhere yet.

9. Milva

Admin Moderator

Bump- these forums run on donations, please if you can only donate $2.00, $4.00, $5.00 every donation adds up to help these forums :) "Thank You" to all who donate :) :)

10. Dian

Dian Active Member

I am pretty tight right now, recovering from some major expenses both planed and unexpected, but do intend on helping out real soon with a few bucks here and there :)

Guys, donating a dollar or two, or even 5 will not be looked at as cheap! It is as welcoming as a $20 or $100, so please, if you think that dollar will do no good, or thought of as cheap, I assure you it is not, will not be!

Anyone that has been around enough should be able to see that this is NOT like RunUO! Its all up to us to keep this place warm and welcoming, with a long and successful future! Your donations are not just for the ServUO site and/or owner, its for all of us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sir Criesalot

Sir Criesalot New Member

I've stuck $5 in, it's all I have available at the moment. I guess the least I can do is throw a few quid into the pot when I've got it available if I'm going to be making use of the software.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Made a donation.
    Love the side. Hope I will learn how to program and get a shard running myself one day.

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mogster

Mogster Member

When I have an income to speak of I'll be sure to donate. This a great site, I'm very impressed by what's been achieved and how it's run and moderated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Real Keith

As soon as our (@Moody) server goes live and we cover our invested costs, any donations that come from our players will be consolidated and a continuous percentage will be contributed to ServUO. Any other contributors to our server, artwork, music, etc will also receive donations. If you have public scripts in the repository, please link a way to donate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Milva

Admin Moderator

Nice Thank You! :)

16. Moody

Moody Member

We want to be able to give back. We've been keeping track of what we've used and who's been helpful. There will be a page on our site listing all contributors and links back to things like social media or their website.

When a server hosting ServUO or VNC or JustUO or whatever makes money, you should be giving what you can back to the community. We want to be a place where the collective UO community as a whole feels good about directing people our way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ATruGod

ATruGod Member

18. john burns

john burns Member

Great idea. When I get back to work I will.

And if and when I can set up a donation system for my shard, I will include a statement how it will go towards maintaining the ServUO forums and to support R&D for the ServUO Emulator.

19. Milva

Admin Moderator

Bump!!! :) every donation helps for the forum Thanks!!

20. Kilra Yan

Kilra Yan Member

I made possible to script all Exploring The Deep quest.

It will be available to anyone who will donate at least $15 to ServUO staff.
    This is all mine production and claims aver 1 Mb of scripts and work with 30 days of work with 4-5 hours per day.

All these features have been covered:
    - Protected: prevent players to crash server due to item/creatures creation with fully automated scripts.
    - Clean: each summoned creature/items should own an auto decay timer when creatd that may have 30-60 mins durations.
    - Accurate: with special effects and scripting (the quest has been tested intensively more then once in order to prevent bugs & is fully working very closely to OSI)

Experience new areas, creatures & several new quests from the new expansion.
    - 8 new fully custom creatures
    - Plenty new objects to interact with.
    - Several new npcs to talk to
    - New items and Hepler (repeatable) Special hook treasure hunting.

Client > 7.35 required
    No custom graphic has been required and so no patcher need. Just plug & play.

How to get the new content?
    After making the donation to ServUO, you send me your email via pm I will send you the files which include the docs.
    Please do not redistribute this stuff firstly to valorize your donation and second will help ServUO to keep getting support from all fans!

Attached Files:

#20 Kilra Yan, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Cookie Reward Cookie Reward x 1