Hello,
I just want to ask if someone tried or projected a migration to dotNet core.
Thanks!

Hello,
I just want to ask if someone tried or projected a migration to dotNet core.
Thanks!

As far as I know, everyone is using .Net Framework, most recent of which is 4.7.2. If you would like to experiment with .Net Core and let us know how it goes, that would be great. I am not aware of anyone else going that route at the moment.

For those who are not aware, .Net Core is Microsoft's Open Source .Net platform.

To my understanding. DOM doesn't have great support in .net core. But with 3.0 we will get a better solution to compiling code on the fly. The question is how it will work on other platforms than Windows. It is supposed to be a cross-platform solution. Another question is how we can make a windows services of the code or an EXE file. Isn't .net core compiled into a container and using the .net framework to get an EXE or a windows service today.

I thought it was a great idea to port RunUO to .net core. Compile code on the fly was a roadblock for me. I lost interest in it after I tried to make an EXE file under .net core 2.0 preview 2, it was to much hassle and I dropped it. a .net framework container was needed.

It felt like Java all over again and I hate that language :D

-Grim

Back