Hey folks,

If this has already been answered I apologize, but the search kept taking "key" out and bringing up unrelated threads.

I am using the most recent version of ServUO. I am re-vamping the dungeons to be more like the ones in the Ultima RPG's.

I am trying to add doors that would require a specific key to open, as well as some that could be unlocked via magic or lockpicking. I know this works on treasure chests and player houses, but how would I port it over for use in a dungeon?

I downloaded CustomFrontDoor.cs but it's for RunUO and does not seem to function...

Thanks!

Here is a script that spawns a mobile that has a key to open a specific door. The door will also relock after set time. I also added my force field script, can be used to block doorway or hall. Originally made for a group dungeon, the force field requires a player with enough Magery to dispel the field, I commented out the damage section, but adding damage or insta-death was intended.
Hope these provide some ideas.

Attachments

• GuardSpawner.cs
    31.2 KB · Views: 32
  • ForceField.cs
    4.2 KB · Views: 22
Here is a script that spawns a mobile that has a key to open a specific door. The door will also relock after set time. I also added my force field script, can be used to block doorway or hall. Originally made for a group dungeon, the force field requires a player with enough Magery to dispel the field, I commented out the damage section, but adding damage or insta-death was intended.
Thanks RedBeard! I will see if this will server the purpose, or if I can mod it to do so.

Guard spawner works great used this in the past - use to be when dead you could walk threw the doors- so might need to test this :)

Thanks Milva... what shard do you admin? I think I saw your name listed on one of the shards I was examining on UOGateway...

This might help as well:

though I would take Lokai's advice from that thread and make these another type of door that you can use as desired rather than making it the default door.

Many thanks, exactly what ive been looking for

Back