Fixed Duplicated Mining Cooperative NPC (Minoc)

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
Operating System
Windows Server 2019
ServUO Version
latest - #4554
We noticed that over time the number of Mining Cooperative NPC (Minoc) from which you can buy ethereal sand in Minoc increases - as if more spawns were generated - despite the existing ones.

JGreen

Squire
Jul 16, 2019
I have noticed that with XMl Spawners alone. seems like they dont always follow there cap and will keep spawning.

I found a vednor spawn with like 5 vendors

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
On our shard it looks like that more spawns are being generated at the same point and without any command from our staff. We noted the problem for the first time after the changes regarding Foes

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
Max count for a spawner is one NPC - while the number of active xmlspawner crystals (physical spawner) has grown from one to even five (same x,y,z location). The question is whether each restart of the server generates next one spawner or, for example, every kill of Corgul. I will have to check it on my own test server today.

Reactions: Dexter_Lexia

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
I tested yesterday on restart, and it didnt duplicate the spawner.

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
Another potential reason occurred to me. After implementing Forgotten Foes, due to an error with the Loyality Menu, we had several crashes. On the other hand, the Auto Activate quest was set to the day they occurred. Perhaps this is why the spawner has duplicated ....... It's kind of weird, but ....

Tasanar

Admin
ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
I could see crashes causing this. That being said maybe a backup to make sure that if there is that NPC in the world, that facet, w.e, to not spawn another.

Reactions: LordFenris

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
No, it wasn't being serialized so each server restart, it was re-generating the content. I'll have a fix. There is no need for this NPC to be on a spawner, it auto-spawns if COre is EJ. Else, it will delete.

Reactions: LordFenris