Fixed Each crafted Gorgon Lens should have 28-40 charges

Equinox

Apr 7, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
www.quingis.com
Shard Name
Quingis UO
I've read so many forum posts on stratics about Gorgon Lenses. People says a close fight with Medusa
consumes 2-3 Gorgon Lenses but around 50 charges.

Thanks Kojac, I read your post and gathered a set of keys for my stealther to go in and skin her clean. He got 12 of the bright blue scales without incident before she was out of them. I used those to make 4 Gorgon Lens. Slapped one on my glasses and took the other 3 with me. You are correct, I wasn't petrified once. Burnt through almost 3 Gorgon Lens and defeated her pretty easy, to be honest I thought she was easier than Dreadhorn. During the fight I skinned her clean and got 13 scales so now I can just run her again and again as long as I remember to skin her during the fight. A couple of her croonies got loose, not hard at all really to dispatch them. She let like the 4th one loose but it didn't wander down to me so that was it for them as well. I cleaned them up after I defeated her. I got the Petrified Snake arty drop in my pack, the Medusa blood, and one of the Undead Gargoyles had a Undead Gargoyle Medallion. Took me about 15 minutes to defeat her. Thanks again for the info!!
http://stratics.com/threads/gorgon-lens-is-broke.158585/#post-1416264

After doing Medusa once, you should have enough scales (you get them from her while you are fighting her)...well, forever. Just keep getting them each time. I use 1 on my head piece and then one on my neck, and check the head piece every minute or so when fighting her, once it runs out, I'll put on another.
yup head, gorget earings, they get used up in that order....perfect lenses apply 28-40 charges...
http://stratics.com/threads/medusa-how-many-gorgon-lenses-and-whats-the-quickest-way-to-farm-mats.249295/

well my tamer uses 4 or 5 charges total my dexer uses about 50 charges per fight to give you a estimate
I used to use 2-3 per fight on my sampire.
It takes 2 - 3 lens per fight..with some charges left over..
http://stratics.com/threads/gorgon-lens-question.256983/

Even uoguide says "charges" not "charge"
http://www.uoguide.com/Gorgon_Lens

I've watched a video of sampire soloing Medusa. Medusa tried to petrify sampire 33 times. Then system says "Your lenses crumble. You are no longer protected from Medusa's gaze" at 10:15.

All of these reminds me each Gorgon Lens has not just one but 28-40 charges applies to an armor piece. You can increase the charges with same type of Gorgon Lenses.

Let's do the math for current situation:

Let's assume a fight requires 50 lenses.
A lens requires 2 Medusa Scales.
A GM tinker + %30 Tinkering Talisman gives 63% success chance.
Let's assume we were success 63% of all tries.
Attempt * 0.63 = 50 => 50 / 0.63 = 79 attempts required

We need 2 Medusa Scales per attempt, 158 Medusa scales and 237 crystal dust (means 948 monster kill for Broken Crystal, Crushed Crystal Pieces, Jagged Crystals, Scattered Crystals, Shattered Crystals, Pieces of Crystal, Crystalline Fragments or Ancient Pottery Fragments !!!) required to produce 50 Gorgon Lens! Let's assume we can harvest approx. 10 scales per Medusa visit by a stealth char. We need to visit Medusa 16 times for a single, smooth fight. It does not make sense.

Last edited:

Equinox

Apr 7, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
www.quingis.com
Shard Name
Quingis UO
I don't have OSI account other than trial which is not have SA expansion. Anybody is free to try it. Those comments are from OSI players on stratics. I also asked some questions to a player on stratics. Here is questions and answers.

1. Is Medusa casting spells?
Answer: No, Medusa is not casting. But her weapon has spell-effects.

2. Is each Gorgon Lens has it's own charge amout? Such as between 28-40? Can you share an image of it?
Answer: Yes, each GL has the specified amount charges, you just apply them on an armor part just as the helmet or a shield.

3. What is the expiration duration of Rare Serpent Eggs?
Answer: The eggs last one week.

4. What is the gaze/petrifying duration of Medusa if you don't have Gorgon Lenses?
Answer: 4. The gaze... I forgot ;)

A developer doesn't need to investigate, research or confirm from OSI in any meaning when developing a system but a tester should be :) It's very interesting.

Last edited:

Ravenwolfe

ServUO Developer
Sep 7, 2013
Texas
www.ultimaonlinephoenix.com
Shard Name
UO Phoenix
A developer doesn't need to investigate, research or confirm from OSI in any meaning when developing a system but a tester should be :) It's very interesting.
So, following your theory. I should pay for an OSI account, so that I can do research. After I spend my time testing your theory, I should then spend my time fixing the issues that I fix for free, so that you can have a more accurate emulator (which by the way, I don't even use since I prefer pre-AOS myself).

Plenty of people have OSI accounts here and can test this. It does not have to be you. If the community wants a fix, then the community can help test. That is why this is a community project and not closed source.

We don't make changes until they are confirmed. We try to not have to patch and then revert if we can help it. I'm sorry that my desire for confirmation disturbs you so much.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Equinox you need to loose the attitude :/ Ravenwolfe has a "life" also- plus helps on the forums AND handles the bug fixes- everyone who can help- needs to -don't just expect the developers to handle everything .

Equinox

Apr 7, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
www.quingis.com
Shard Name
Quingis UO
@Ravenwolfe, your confirmation request doesn't disturbed me, it's reasonable. I'm supporting your desire to doing things right. I just wanted to say, if it was researched well before and during development and/or accepted to repo, I wouldn't have to research and reporting it now. I don't know who is developed Gorgon Lens system or accepted to repo. If you're not developed or accepted it, you are not the actual interlocutor of my words "A developer". Of course we can wait somebody to test it on OSI but I didn't noticed any OSI confirmed bug report soon. No problem for me, it's already fixed in our shard.

@Ravenwolfe, @Milva, Before doing a bug report, I'm playing on our shard, doing some tests on our shard and/or local copy of ServUO repo and/or on trial OSI account if it's applicable, doing comparison, doing research on web, collecting and organizing data and reporting it. As you know there is very little info on internet about these details. I'm doing it for free also. It takes time, sometimes more than developing/fixing it.

@Milva, I've a life too ;) I don't see anything wrong with my attitude. You will understand when you read above.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Your attitude was towards Ravenwolfe which wasn't needed :/ yes we do like to confirm with how osi is to follow along close if we can, sorry you don't understand that and some do have osi accounts to confirm to help.

Ravenwolfe

ServUO Developer
Sep 7, 2013
Texas
www.ultimaonlinephoenix.com
Shard Name
UO Phoenix
I did not add the Gorgon Lens system. I do understand that your comment was generalized and not totally directed towards me, but my point is that before you criticize anyones work, please consider that they are spending their time and money to do this work for free.

You and I have the same mind on this, we both want it to be accurate. If its not currently accurate, and I just take your word and a few internet chats, and later someone comes along and proves its not accurate after all, then im just as guilty as the "developers" that you were criticizing.

Im not doubting your ability to test or research or even fix the problem yourself. I just want confirmation that it is accurate before we change the repo.

Anyway, lets just call it a misunderstanding and move on. Ill reach out to some old guildmates and get this confirmed.

ruaduck

Feb 15, 2014
Shard Name
Rebirth UO
Donate
I will confirm on OSI this weekend.
[doublepost=1477439410][/doublepost]Actually i had time to make a Gorgon Lens. So with 1 try on 1 Gorget this is what i got on Pacific.
Before:
Before.PNG

After:
After.PNG

Dexter_Lexia

ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
Shard Name
Alexandria
Donate
Thanks! One more question. Do charges stack, or do you get the warning gump anytime you try to apply when charges already exist. Currenlty on Servuo, you only get the gump if you try to apply a different type of lense. With this many charges, I'm more inclined to think that anytime you apply new charges, regardless of type, you wipe the old charges out.

ruaduck

Feb 15, 2014
Shard Name
Rebirth UO
Donate
replace.PNG
This is what happens when you try to use a gorgon lens on the armor that already has it

ruaduck

Feb 15, 2014
Shard Name
Rebirth UO
Donate
There are different colors? I use the blue ones, that is all i have in stock.
[doublepost=1477678629][/doublepost]Lens.PNG